We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed for December Peru trip :)

Las Vegas
12 posts
Save Topic
Advice needed for December Peru trip :)

I will be traveling with my Fiancé` to Peru in December from the 06th thru the 22nd of this year. We will be going from Lima to Cusco to Michu Picchu, and then possibly visiting the Amazon in Brazil if we have time.

First, we would like to know if it would be cheaper to book our flight from Lima to Cusco prior to our trip or should we wait to get a flight when we arrive in Lima?

Second, we would like to know what hostels are the best to stay at in both Lima and Cusco.

Third, where can we get great Peruvian food during our trip?

Please feel free to be more informative on Peru and places and things to do if you have the information.

All responses are appreciated

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice needed for December Peru trip :)

Flights are cheaper when bought in advance, you can look into StarPeru, Lan, Taca to check the rates.

Browse the hotels in Lima and Cusco and choose some you are interested and you can ask if people know about them, you will find them at the left side of the screen.

You can look into: www.andeantravelweb.com has very useful information.

Hope this helps you

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice needed for December Peru trip :)

I can only comment on the places I stayed while in Peru but I thought they were fine and within my budget of $25-$35 per night. We especially liked our stay in Cusco.

Lima: www.backpackersperu.com

Cusco: www.walkoninn.com/

Aguas Calientes: www.pirwahostelscusco.com

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice needed for December Peru trip :)

expect intermittent rain in december in Cusco.. probably Amazon too... but no worries... bring a poncho or buy one cheaply over there...

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
219 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice needed for December Peru trip :)

Hi Crystal,

You should look to secure a pass of some sort if flying from the US. Lan has agreements with some airlines that enable you to purchase lower fares, on domestic flights. Purchase in advance, especially the international leg, as December fares increase quite a bit.

For the Amazon, which part of Brazil are you planning on visiting? Peru has lovely Amazon, and it will be cheaper if you stay in country than fly to Brazil. A lodge stay in the area of Tambopata or Manu could be interesting, or an expedition cruise around Pacaya Samiria in the north would be a great adventure.

Rainforest Cruises

Las Vegas
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice needed for December Peru trip :)

Thank you everyone for your responses. I will indeed be looking into getting our flights all booked before we leave and searching the sites for some nice hostels.

I am not sure what part of Brazil we will be visiting for the Amazon...if there are cheaper ways to see it while staying in Peru that may be more ideal for us.

Once again all responses are appreciated :)

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
219 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice needed for December Peru trip :)

Hi Crystal,

The option for Peru would be to stay in a lodge or a cruise. For the lodge, you would fly to Puerto Maldonado or Iquitos in the north. Cruises are only available in Peru from Iquitos. They are different experiences, each with their own characteristics. If you have any specific questions on either one we would be happy to assist.

Rainforest Cruises

CUSCO
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice needed for December Peru trip :)

Hello

My suggestion could be like this

DAY 06 Arrived to Lima

Overnight Hosta

DAY 07 Flight Lima to Cuzco

Free day aclimatization

DAY 08 : 13:30 City Tour Cusco

Back to Cusco evening

DAY 09 : 08:30 AM Tour Sacred Valley of the Incas All day

DAY 10 : Mornign get to Aguas Calientes ( MP)

Free day go to the Hot srpints

Overnight Aguas Calientes

DAY 11 Visit Mp All day

Back to Aguas Calientes

PM Back to Cusco

DAY 12 Free day

DAY 13: Maras Moray tour half day

DAY 14 : Flight to Puerto Maldona - TAMBOPATA ( Rainforest ) I DAY

DAY 15: TAMBOPATA ( Rainforest ) II DAY

day 16 :TAMBOPATA ( Rainforest ) III DAY

DAY 17 :TAMBOPATA ( Rainforest ) V DAY

Fly to Lima

DAY 18 : Beach Time Lima

DAY 19: CITY TOUR LIMA

DAY 20 Tour Caral the Old City I DAY

DAY 21: Caral the Old City II DAY

DAY 22 : Flight LIma to Home

My Best Regards

INKA HOOTS TRAVEL

Edited: 24 June 2012, 05:44
8. Re: Advice needed for December Peru trip :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2013, 05:46