We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Star Peru and carry-on fees. Any experiences?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
376 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Star Peru and carry-on fees. Any experiences?

Am traveling with just a 22-lb. carry-on plus a personal bag with camera, reading material, etc. inside.

I've since learned Star Peru only allows 4 kgs. (about 9 lbs.) carry-on allowance.

Anyone with recent experience regarding this? Obviously, I'd rather not check any luggage (even though it's free) since what I'll be using will be soft-sided.

Thanks in advance.

Edited: 27 September 2012, 09:24
Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,144 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Star Peru and carry-on fees. Any experiences?

I am not a Star traveller, but they do fly smaller aircraft than the Airbuses Taca and Lan do, so I understand their small carry on policy.

As a norm, if your bag is not to bulky you should have no problems. Be sure though that you have a lock to apply to it in case you are asked to check you bag.

Wenatchee...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Star Peru and carry-on fees. Any experiences?

I never carry a suitcase on , rather one of the zipper plastic bags people use. and you save the weight of the sitcase itself. Never was bothered , once overweight check in pd by the kilo rather than the bag which was much better.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Star Peru and carry-on fees. Any experiences?

I was asked to check my carryon sized rolling suitcase with Star Peru. Be prepared for this by packing valuables cameras etc in a smaller bag that can be easily removed. It may depend on how full the flight is or just the mood of the agent.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
376 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Star Peru and carry-on fees. Any experiences?

Thanks all for the advice. Jut trying to avoid anything going into the cargo hold...

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Star Peru and carry-on fees. Any experiences?

Just flew Star Peru three times over the past week and had to check my larger carryon. They did not charge to check the bag and everything arrived safely and in good condition.

Edited: 29 September 2012, 14:34
california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Star Peru and carry-on fees. Any experiences?

Just flew today and my rolling case was weighed. On this flight the limit was 10 kilos (just barely made it). They did not weigh the personal item.

7. Re: Star Peru and carry-on fees. Any experiences?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 08:19