We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River Boat Cruise

The Villages...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
River Boat Cruise

I am looking for a River Boat Cruise that will hit Peru and maybe another South American country. Any thoughts?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,147 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: River Boat Cruise

The only possible one would be on the Amazon river covering Peru and Brasil.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
212 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: River Boat Cruise

Hi Booker,

There are vessels that travel from Iquitos down to the border of Colombia and Brazil (Leticia Area). Its not a particularly nice area for wildlife, but if you wanted to say you navigated along the Amazon from one country to another it would work. The best cruises are to National Parks and protected areas.

Rainforest Cruises

Cali, Valle del...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: River Boat Cruise

My husband and I would like to take an amazon cruise from Leticia, Colombia, or near Ecuador. Mid November, no more than 2 weeks. Please advise. THANKS?

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
212 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: River Boat Cruise

Hello Lucy,

There is one vessel we can suggest that normally operated in Tabatinga, however in November it may not yet return from a trip we have organized for a group of Kayakers rowing the entire length of the Amazon. Your best bet would be to try something from either Iquitos, Coca (Ecuador) or Manaus. Would you be able to make it to one of these locations?

Rainforest Cruises

5. Re: River Boat Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 06:22