We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone booked a tour with GOTOPERU ( www.gotoperu.org)?

Denver, Colorado
1 post
Save Topic
Has anyone booked a tour with GOTOPERU ( www.gotoperu.org)?

I'm looking at booking a holiday trip to Peru with my wife .... Has anyone booked with them before? and would you recommend their services?? so far they seem to have decent packages, Are they serious?

Castlecrag...
Level Contributor
11 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with GOTOPERU ( www.gotoperu.org)?

I have travelled to 120 different countries from Australia – many several times, and this is my visit 5 or 6 to Peru.

So am pretty savvy and critical re choosing and rating good ground operators.

Rule #1 is to find someone reliable *IN* the destination country, and not pay silly, high, “middle man” commissions to travel agents in USA or Europe etc.

www.GotoPeru.org are based in Cuzco, and came up with an attractive quote, tailored to exactly what time we had there.

Taking us exactly where we wanted to go, which included very off beat places like a long day trip from Arequipa to the Toro Muerto petroglyphs etc.

As always we booked last minute, and hotels and flights over Xmas/New Year’s Eve were very tough to secure.

Guides were professional and had good English, and Hotels absolute top notch. The Hotel Plaza in Cuzco, and Sonesta in Arequipa, were right on the central Plazas etc.

Manager Prisa has superb English, and sorted out any queries or issues fast and smoothly. She seems to work 8 days a week - even literally on Christmas and New Year Days!

If you are visiting anywhere in Peru, you cannot find a better choice than www.gotoperu.org – they live there, and work there, and can sort urgent issues readily, with a quick phone call.

No-one in London or Sydney or Los Angeles can do that – time zones kill that option.

Glen Stephens, Sydney Australia, January 2013.

Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with GOTOPERU ( www.gotoperu.org)?

My husband and I (Australian and American) just completed our Inca Trail Trek, which we booked with GOTOPERU.ORG. Prisa, as well as her staff, were extremely helpful. They were able to organize everything for us, including our bus ride to La Paz after our time in Cusco. Prisa and the staff members all spoke perfect English and even helped us when our bags were lost by the airline. The guide for the Inca trek and Machupicchu also spoke great English and wa a great guy. I highly recommend GOTOPERU.ORG. They will help you out a lot while in Peru.

3. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with GOTOPERU ( www.gotoperu.org)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 February 2013, 01:35
Phoenix, Arizona
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with GOTOPERU ( www.gotoperu.org)?

I asked a million questions via email, changed my mind, my schedule,and my plans a lot, but Karla was gracious, friendly, and upbeat. Everything was arranged and the guides were excellent and informative. I even got a parting gift! Good experience.

Edited: 13 February 2013, 14:22
Madison
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with GOTOPERU ( www.gotoperu.org)?

I had booked our flights for our S. America trip and then started filling in the blanks. I have a friend in Lima who said I couldn't fit in Cusco and Machupicchu as I thought I could. Luckily I stumbled on to gotoperu.org and they made it work for the time we had. My friend in Lima said it couldn't be done for the price that gotoperu quoted.

We were unsure, but doubts disappeared as we were met by Elvis, our tour coordinator, at the airport. Unfortuntely my wife suffered from altitude sickness and missed a lot. The trip to Machupicchu was everything that one could anticipate. The rail ride had to be shortened due to a landslide, so knew we'd be late returning to Cusco. We were beat after the uphill bus ride, but there was Elvis waiting for us and we smiled. We decided to miss the next day, but Elvis insisted on taking us to lunch. He even gave us a goodbye gift!

Trust these folks. The guides were great. Every pickup was on time. They pack a lot into their tours and do their best to insure that you are happy. We wholehearted recommend gotoperu.org.

Madrid
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with GOTOPERU ( www.gotoperu.org)?

Hello,

We are a spanish couple that contracted our trip with GOTOPERU.ORG before travelling to this wonderful country and everything was organized perfectly for two weeks. They are allocated in Cuzco but the have agreements with transport companies and hotels in all the country.

Congratulations GOTOPERU!

Every pick was on time and all guides were very kind and professional.

I recommend to trust this tourist agency, If you have any problem, they are going to try to solve it asap.

If you are going to travel to Perú, they are going to make it easier you stay.

Don't doubt about this agency they are professional and serious.

Kialla Victoria...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with GOTOPERU ( www.gotoperu.org)?

We have just returned from a trip to Macchu Piccu with Gotoperu and they were great.We were met at the airport and taken to our hotel close to the plaza.Our only problem was walking up 3 flights of stairs with jet lag and altitude tablets not working immediately.We had time for an essential snooze before heading off on a local tour. What an intriguing city with such a rich history .

Off to Mp next day being dropped at the bus terminal ,then to the train,which was staffed by very professional personnel.Our guides found us and we were on the bus to MP.Our tour guide was fantastic with excellent english.

A free day and then we were dropped off at the airport and taken to our departure gate. A FANTASTIC ADVENTURE. Glen

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with GOTOPERU ( www.gotoperu.org)?

Hi, i booked in gotoperu.org last november for the very first time, and even i was very eskeptical of booking something that my family or friends hadnt experienced before, it was too good to be true for me. Starting that the website is very modern and i found this chat option to chat with someone rightaway to answer my million questions, the wonderful girl that helped me was Karla, not only was she sweet and professional but she went out of her way to answer every question and general information and my change of mind several times to get me the best vacation i ever had ;) i work in hotels and live in Hawaii and if i could hire her here i would !!!

Outstanding customer service with the special peruvian warm hospitality Karla took care of me, my boyfriend and my 9 year old son. Took us to the hotel, came to check on us, always available for anything we needed we had everything as we planned. Honest and good jugment when asking her about the hotels and places around, great english for fluent communication, very nice hotel ( st augustine) awesome breakfast. We met great people we will not forget. I would advise a day without plans if you go to cusco because of the high elevation, i did not want to waste a day but i suffered from headache a little and missed the first tour due to that. So just ask questions and they will answer, need info? Karla is great with tecnology and you can tell she enjoys her job and she will make you feel confident, but dont forget that travelling to Peru is about the adventure of the unknown and leave a little for your imagination ;)

Again thanks for the amazing trip, we are booking our next one with you guys for sure.

Aloha!

Diana Diaz

Ps: sorry if i this text is sketchy im writting this from my phone!

Edited: 13 April 2013, 20:35
London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with GOTOPERU ( www.gotoperu.org)?

we just got back for a couple of weeks in Peru and used GOTOPERU for our booking arrangements.

i would wholeheartedly recommend booking through them.

they are very professional, friendly and organised and we always felt that if anything went wrong we had someone we could trust to help us out (nothing went wrong of course, but sometimes when you travel to a far away place you like to feel you're not on your own!)

all the hotels where gorgeous, the tours very prompt and the staff the most amazing, positive and light-hearted people i could wish for! they really made a difference and helped make this trip one of the most amazing experiences.

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone booked a tour with GOTOPERU ( www.gotoperu.org)?

Hi, yes I did book a tour with GOTOPERU and they have been wonderful from the start. I started organizing the trip about 6 months prior to travelling with my family and they were always very responsive, within 24 hour and extremely nice. Communication was great and therefore the trip was organized exactly as we wanted (we wanted to go everywhere), within our budget. Once in Peru, there was not a single glitch. Drivers were always there waiting for us, our daughter got sick and they even provided a cell phone in case there was an emergency etc...

really reliable, I recommend Gotoperu 1000% .