We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAN South American Airpass - what are the benefits

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
239 reviews
Save Topic
LAN South American Airpass - what are the benefits

I have checked the prices for my 9 flights within South America on the LAN Airpass website and also on their main website.

I was surprised to find booking the flights through their main website gave me cheaper fares than the Airpass website even when I have to put in my flight booking reference for our Qantas flight into Santiago.

I thought that if you fly into Sth America with a One World partner (Qantas) then you get cheaper fares through the LAN Airpass site.

Are there any other benefits or reasons why I would pay extra for the flights through the Airpass website???????

The Airpass website has been faulty for almost a week and even though I have reported it to LAN 3 times it is still not right, that is why I thought I would check the main website. I want to lock in my flights so I can proceed with other bookings.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

Pam

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
4,876 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LAN South American Airpass - what are the benefits

The fares you are seeing on the main website may be for residence only, LAN has a two tier pricing system, as does Taca. Be sure you are not looking at one of theses fares, I believe they are Base and/or Base Plus, if you book one of theses and can not prove Peruvian residence you will have to pay a penalty or even, may not be allowed to board.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LAN South American Airpass - what are the benefits

Thanks Lyle.

The website asks for your nationality and passport details but I will ring LAN and ask.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
4,876 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LAN South American Airpass - what are the benefits

Normally Star Peru is worth looking into as well but they only do domestic flights. Don't know if mixing the two would be beneficial or not but if you want to check their website is http://www.starperu.com

4. Re: LAN South American Airpass - what are the benefits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 01:16