We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking out for other Solo travellers in May-June

Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Looking out for other Solo travellers in May-June

Hi, I'm travelling to Peru and Bolivia at the end of May and throughout June and just wondering if anyone else is travelling by themselves as well?

Toronto
Level Contributor
134 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking out for other Solo travellers in May-June

I'm travelling solo, but early-mid may.

i'm doing MP trek may 6-10 (booked) and then hoping to go to Manu for the next week (not booked). Couple of days in Lima/Cusco beforehand.

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking out for other Solo travellers in May-June

Hey Livvy. There's a few of us travelling together getting together at different points in time between May 14- June 3rd. I myself am actually going to be on my own for a few days in Cusco from May 20-23rd. Then on the 23rd one my travbuddies will join up with me then.

Anyway, all the people I'm travelling with I've met on a website called TravBuddy... if you want, check it out. You can look me up on it as well, I go by Halilee there as well. If you are in Peru when I am though, you can join up with us! :) We are doing the Inca trail starting May 25th and then heading to Tambopata on May 30th for a 4n/3d ( although more like 4n and 2 full days) stint with Posadas Amazonas, soft adventure tour.

Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking out for other Solo travellers in May-June

Hi Halilee, it sounds like I'm doing things the opposite way to you unfortunately.

I'm in Lima on the 20th May for a few days then flying to Puerto Maldonado for a Amazon tour through Bamba Experience. Then I will fly to Cuzco on the 27th May and have booked a shorter Inca trail for the 30th May.

I will have a look at the TravBuddy site and might be able to meet up in Cusco before you head to the Amazon!

Fallinstill - sounds like you will be there before I arrive but hope you have a great trip!

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking out for other Solo travellers in May-June

That is possible! We take the late afternoon train from MP to Cusco on May 29th and then we fly out on May 30th at 11:10AM. Maybe we will have time for a later supper or a drink when we get in. :)

Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking out for other Solo travellers in May-June

That would be great - have you all decided on where to stay yet in Cusco? I want to book soon as it sounds like we are going to be there at a busy time of the year

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking out for other Solo travellers in May-June

Not yet.. been looking at a few places, but haven't quite decided yet. I do admit I like the Sonesta Posadas and Tierra Viva hotel chains though. There was several others that caught my fancy, that still may make it in there yet. I like character places, but some of them don't have heating or whatnot, and me being always cold , I want heating, lol. :) I can let you know as soon as I book though! :)

7. Re: Looking out for other Solo travellers in May-June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2014, 06:18