We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Machu Picchu and Amazon River Cruise Tour

san clemente
Level Contributor
45 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Machu Picchu and Amazon River Cruise Tour

I'm planning a trip to Peru next year, most likely in May, and am trying to decide on a tour company to use for our trip or to plan myself. I love the Aqua Expeditions boats and want to book their 4 day trip( unless someone here thinks the 7 day is necessary) and also want to see Machu Picchu. We have 14 days tops for our trip which includes travel from the USA, There will most likely be 3 couples. I need suggestions on things to see, tour companies and any other river boat input.

When we went to Africa several years ago this site was a fantastic resource and I hope once again you will come thru for me.

Thanks in advance

jersey
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Machu Picchu and Amazon River Cruise Tour

You can book most things yourself online and stuff. Amazon cruises are expensive. If you wanna do the jungle then Pacaya simiria is a must, and you{ll need like 1 week to dedicate for that.

Macchu picchu is simple to do alone, and you need like a couple of days for that with an overnight stop at aguas calientes, if you use the train.

please consult andeantravelweb.com-they explain things clearly, although the prices are a little out of date for macchu picchu stuff.

2. Re: Machu Picchu and Amazon River Cruise Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2013, 17:19
san clemente
Level Contributor
45 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Machu Picchu and Amazon River Cruise Tour

Thanks so much for the great info. I'll keep you posted of our progress

4. Re: Machu Picchu and Amazon River Cruise Tour

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 March 2013, 18:05
san clemente
Level Contributor
45 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Machu Picchu and Amazon River Cruise Tour

A friend just recommended another tour company for us to use for our trip to Machu Picchu and the Amazon. Does anyone have any experience with either General Tours World Travel or Marco Polo Club. Supposedly they are able to do very individualized trip to Peru.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Machu Picchu and Amazon River Cruise Tour

Hi, we just got off Aqua and had the most amazing time on the Amazon. The boat is fantastic, the food is first class and all the staff are absolutely lovely, the guides know every detail you would want to know, very smart people. We did the 3 day trip and would recommend 4 days if it suits you timeframe, 7 days may be a little too long but hey relaxing on the boat is not hard. We did all the excursions on offer, caught piranhas, swam with pink dolphins all that stuff, not cheap but great value, could not fault it.

7. Re: Machu Picchu and Amazon River Cruise Tour

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 15:35
Edited: 12 July 2013, 15:35
Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
217 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Machu Picchu and Amazon River Cruise Tour

Hi Everyone,

Arapaima is rarely chartered by tour operators anymore, since the Queen Victoria and Estrella Amazonica have been built. In fact, it is scheduled for an overhaul this year and is no longer being offered as a result. There are middle range ships coming on the scene as alternatives, such as the Arapaima and another, smaller ship to be called princess. Further down the spectrum there is the Selva Viva at budget prices. For the upscale ships (ie Aqua, Aria, Delfin I/II) occasionally discounted prices are available for those interested in the upscale cruising options but are looking to save a bit. Happy Travels!

Rainforest Cruises

p b
Chestertown...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Machu Picchu and Amazon River Cruise Tour

We are looking into an identical trip. What did you finally land on?

New York
Level Contributor
36 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Machu Picchu and Amazon River Cruise Tour

We booked a trip with overseas adventure travel.