We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wool/yarn shops

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Wool/yarn shops

Hi

We leave for Peru, Bolivia and Chile tomorrow. I'm a keen crafter and enjoy knitting and crochet. I would love to buy some alpaca wool/yarn to knit up once I get back home. WE will be visiting Lima, Cusco, Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca (Puno and Copacabana), La Paz and Santiago.

Where would be the best place to buy wool from?

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wool/yarn shops

There is a really nice alpaca wool shop in Cusco that is just off of Plaza San Francisco on a street called Granada or Teatro - the streets run in to each other and I don't remember exactly where it was. I'm not sure of the name of the shop either but it is fairly easy to spot. A ball of pure Baby Alpaca wool was running at 90/soles so a little over $30, the owner said that was enough to make 2 jumpers from.

If you really want to get the best deal then Arequipa is the place. They process a lot of the wool and have alpaca product factories there.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
3,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wool/yarn shops

Fantastic , thanks will look out for it

3. Re: Wool/yarn shops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 05:18