We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peru Airports Questions Please

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
565 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Peru Airports Questions Please

Hi to All,

Will be flying to Lima, from Miami with American Airlines. Landing time 4:30 A.M.

Flying with LAN to Cusco.

Should we choose 7:40 A.M. - 8:05 A.M. or 9:10 A.M. ?

The $30.25 airport TAX - is this payable on the return flight only? Do you pay in U.S. currency

or in soles? must it be exact change? etc.

Aeroquipa airport: Does this airport also have issues with clouds and must leave early morning flights like Cusco? Would it be O.K. to take later flight at 10:25 A.M or 8:30 A.M. better option?

Same question for airport TAX of $6.05 . Must have exact change? Soles or U.S. ?

Thank you

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,547 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peru Airports Questions Please

We were on the flight from Miami that lands at 4:30 a few weeks ago and made the LAN 7:40 flight with lots if time to spare, at least an hour.any airport taxes were built into the ticket price. You did not pay them at the airport,

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
565 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peru Airports Questions Please

Wes, did you fly with American Airlines? What about LAN, are the taxes also included in their fares?

Thank You

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,547 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peru Airports Questions Please

Ticket was purchased from American and included the internal LAN flights, which were AA code share flights, operated by LAN. They are One World partners. All the airport fees and taxes were included and there was nothing to pay at the airport. We had the exact same landing time in Lima and departure time to Cusco so I'm sure we had the same flights.

We even flew out of Arequipa on the way home, but in the evening so I don't know if morning clouds would be an issue.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
565 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peru Airports Questions Please

Thank you wes!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,144 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Peru Airports Questions Please

All airport taxes are included on ticket prices in Peru. You do not need to pay extra taxes at any airport.

No issues whatsoever with clouds at Arequipa airport or Cusco. Its the dry season now and no weather issues should interfere with flights.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
565 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Peru Airports Questions Please

Hi xochitl,

My bad, really don't know where I got that information, had it written down on my notes. I'm glad it's not so.

About clouds and cancellation, we will be travelling from Arequipa to Lima on Nov. 9. Any danger of plane cancellations because of weather? Should we take an earlier flight or are we safe with a later one?

Thank you

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,144 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Peru Airports Questions Please

Should have no problems

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Peru Airports Questions Please

Several years ago some of the regional airports were not yet on board with including the taxes ("TUUA"). It should now be included in all of your tickets.

Sometimes you can find it broken out on the airline's website or your purchase confirmation.

Edited: 19 June 2013, 16:10
9. Re: Peru Airports Questions Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2013, 20:44
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
565 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Peru Airports Questions Please

Thank you all for all your helpful advise!!!