We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lima to cusco-- how much time should we allow?

California
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
lima to cusco-- how much time should we allow?

my husband and i already have our tickets for our San Francisco to Lima flight and will be arriving at 7am. we would like to fly out to Cusco on the same day--haven't purchased those tickets yet-- and are wondering how much time we should allot for getting through immigration, collecting our bags, checking in for our flight to Cusco and going through security, etc. it looks like flights from Lima to Cusco leave pretty much every hour and we were thinking of catching a 10.50am flight. would that allow enough time to take care of the above?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14,538 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lima to cusco-- how much time should we allow?

At least three hours. Three should be enough but remember these are separate tickets and if something goes wrong and you miss the connection you are a no show and forfeit the ticket and the airline could require you to buy a new one subject to availability. On separate tickets, for this reason, I generally leave lots of contingency time.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,377 posts
504 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lima to cusco-- how much time should we allow?

Once you book your flight you can do your check in via Internet 48 hours in advance.

This will ensure your check in is faster and will only require you check in your luggage

Three hours is plenty time.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lima to cusco-- how much time should we allow?

Three hours is a minimum. I might do four and then have lunch at the airport if everything works out okay, or see if you can get on an earlier flight with a change fee.

4. Re: lima to cusco-- how much time should we allow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 06:21