We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainforest Cruises

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rainforest Cruises

We are thinking of booking an Amazon Cruise and a two week land tour through this agency. Has anyone had any experience with them? Were you pleased with their organization and services? Any input would be appreciated.

35 replies to this topic
Costa Mesa, CA
Level Contributor
3 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainforest Cruises

Hi-

We recently used their services for a 6 day boat trip on the Amazon.

We were extremely pleased with their organization and services.

We are a family of 5. We took the Awape out - on a private trip.

Costs were comparable to the bigger shared boat with 8 cabins.

The boat is beautiful, 3 nice rooms, small sun deck. Activities were great. Everything is very customizable depending on what you want. The local food is awesome. Great preparation and plenty of it.

Rainforest cruises really came through. Before, during and after service was outstanding.

It was a trip of a lifetime and we would highly recommend.

We combined the Amazon cruise with 1 week in the Pantanal and 3 days Rio / 3 days Iguazu Falls.

Let me know if you need additional details.

Goshen, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainforest Cruises

Rainforest arranged a 12 day trip for us, first to Machu Picchu followed by three days in the Peruvian Amazon. Responsiveness, personalization, quality of guides and suggestions regarding itinerary were all absolutely top shelf. Everything was coordinated perfectly, and when arrangements had to be altered at the last minute (landslide across the RR tracks to Machu Picchu) our guide and the company took the burden completely on their shoulders to maintain the quality of our experience. Would recommend without hesitation.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainforest Cruises

Hi, after investigating three different tour companies, vetting each one thoroughly, I booked with Rainforest (RF) Cruises. I flew to Iquitos the day after Thanksgiving last year and met my shipmates there. RF Cruises is smart enough to bring everyone in the day before you travel up river to catch the boat. Less chance anyone will miss the sailing. Also, the price included that first night's stay in the historic Casa Morey boutique hotel.

Miles and Jeremy were super responsive to ALL of my questions and concerns. They are a class act and I'd sail with them again, tomorrow, if I could!

Please let me know if you have any questions about gear, etc. once you booked your trip.

RF Cruises' staff are terrific, especially the boat crew and the actual jungle guides! So much knowledge to share and they do it well.

Happy trails,

Donna L.

Austin, TX

Oakland, California
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainforest Cruises

We booked a 17 day land trip with Rainforest Cruises last November and they did an awesome job. We worked closely with Miles to see as much of Peru as possible in a short period and time and, wow, did he help us cover all our bases. Our trip had a lot of moving parts with numerous transfers, tours and we basically changed hotels every night. It was a bit intense but that is what we asked for! We went to Colca Canyon, Lake Titicaca, Cusco, Machu Piccu and then stayed in an eco lodge outside of Puerto Maldonado. We never had to hassle with a transfer, deal with buying a ticket or figure out which tour to take. We had one hiccup with a tour ticket purchase and when we let Miles' know, he handled it promptly, professionally, and had a refund within two days-- handed to us by another tour operator. Miles also booked this entire trip within two weeks of our arrival.

I would highly recommend them- and do the homestay on Lake Titicaca if you have time!

Have fun!

Austin, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainforest Cruises

Yes - we used them this last January for a Cruise though the Amazon. They were great. They gave us a cheaper price than going directly through the Cruise ship and their professionalism and follow up was great. We also were going use them for a Galapagos Trip. We ended up not able to do that trip for personal reasons but what they put together for us was perfect. I would use them again in a second and will. Hope this helps, Rachel Mast

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rainforest Cruises

Hi, i booked a cruise through Matt at Rainforrest cruises and he was professional, efficient and really helpful. My reservation went well, everything as expected, i got a good price and was extremely pleased with the cruise on The Aria, every thing was just amazing.. i would definitely use this company again and certainly recommend them to any one who wants an exciting adventure down the Amazon.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rainforest Cruises

Hi, we booked a 10 day trip through them travelling to Macchu Picchu and the Amazon. We didn't actually go on one of their cruises, but everything they booked for us was excellent. Our tour guides, hotels and connections were all flawless. Jeremy worked closely with us on all the trip details, including a number of changes when one of our friends travelling with us found out that she would be pregnant when we went, and was extremely patient and accommodating and worked very hard to get all of us the trip we wanted within our budget. Highly recommended!

Lima, Lima, Peru
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Rainforest Cruises

I have had one personal experience with the organization, and I can only say good things. Everything was planned quite meticulously, and our travels from Lima, Peru through Santiago, Chile down to Patagonia were seamless and fun! I would highly recommend using Rainforest Cruises. The staff is above competent, friendly, and willing to take care of you at every turn. They were recommended to me by a friend, and I plan on using their services again in the future. 4 out of 4 stars to Rainforest Cruises!

Brendan H.

Dallas, Texas

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Rainforest Cruises

Hi Franktibackx - wow - sounds like you had a great trip! The food & the boat sound great! Would you remember about how many hours a day you traveled? Did you see much wildlife? Do you mind sharing how much the Awape charter cost for your party of 5? Thanks for posting!

10. Re: Rainforest Cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 July 2013, 02:35

Reply to: Rainforest Cruises
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted