We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis from airport in Lima and Cusco

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis from airport in Lima and Cusco

Is S/ 45 nuevos soles from the airport in Lima to Miraflores a reasonable price?

How much would a reasonable price for a taxi ride from the airport in Cusco to the historical centre be?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,571 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis from airport in Lima and Cusco

Yes.

Around 15 soles

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis from airport in Lima and Cusco

Thank you

Fremont, California
Level Contributor
23 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis from airport in Lima and Cusco

I am in Lima and have a flight back tomorrow 31st at 12:40 pm in the afternoon. When I came here I took the taxi green and it cost us Sola 45 from the airport to our hotel in Mira Flores two days ago. Today the hotell tells me that because it is NY even tomorrow all taxi to airport have a premium and it will cost me sola 75 tomorrow afternoon. Is that he norm?

Italy
Level Contributor
336 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis from airport in Lima and Cusco

Is there a taxi stand in Cuzco airport? How much would it cost to take a taxi from there to Ollantaytambo? I was quoted US$45 by a hotel, which seems a bit pricey to me...

Fremont, California
Level Contributor
23 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis from airport in Lima and Cusco

Hotels charge $45 to $ 50 from Cusco airport to Ollantaytambo . We just got back from the area. There are taxis at cusco airport and it will take you into Cusco for 15 sola and from there you can get shared taxis to Olly. We did not do this as we thought we would be tired etc. after the long flights but in hindsight we could have done it. Everything has a price and is negotiable but there may be risks involved....or so we are told. On the whole we did not have any problems and even used their combis and tuktuks and never felt we were being cheated or anything. but we did pay dollar fifty for that first ride

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxis from airport in Lima and Cusco

Arranging a taxi at the airport can save you a few bucks but not a lot. If you do not know how you will feel when you step off a plane at 11,000 feet I think it's better to arrange the pickup from the hotel, nice to see that sign with your name on it when you are feeling a bit woozy.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
12 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxis from airport in Lima and Cusco

S/.45 is the norm for Lima to Miraflores with a Secure Taxi, I like Green Taxi, they are always reliable and charge S/.45. In Cusco there is the first line of taxis as you leave the baggage area that are super expensive. Go past them to the next group of taxis drivers. They will usually quote S/.20 to begin but you can negociate them down to S/15 - S/.10.

8. Re: Taxis from airport in Lima and Cusco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 05:17