We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling Peru

10 posts
Save Topic
Traveling Peru

Im wanting to travel Peru.

Flying into Lima (is there much to see there? How many nights should I stay there?)

Then the things I want to see from there are the typical tourist sights: Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, huacachina (the lagoon surrounded by plam trees) and also want to do a trip into the Amazon.

Does anyone have tips on how I do all this? Eg. What order to do things in, how to get from place to place, any other things/places I should see while there?

Any help would be great

Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling Peru

You have some vagueness in your post. How long do you have to travel? Budget..in dollars not adjectives. Amazon... do you want to travel on the Amazon river or do you want to visit the Amazon Basin which is a vast network of hundreds of rivers that ultimately flow into the Amazon.

10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling Peru

Time wise- about 26th Jan through to 11th feb.

Budget- would like to save money where we can but if something is worth spending a bit more on im all for it. Eg. Plan instead of train to save time.

10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling Peru

Time wise- about 26th Jan through to 11th feb.

Budget- would like to save money where we can but if something is worth spending a bit more on im all for it. Eg. Plan instead of train to save time.

And Amazon- would like to spend a night or two in a lodge and do some hiking and river cruising whilst there.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,287 posts
501 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling Peru

You are planning to visit Peru while we are one the high rainy season, so be aware that some travel problems and delays could happen.

Arrive Lima and visit for 2 nights. Restaurants, downtown Lima and museums are a must.

Visit Cusco and MP for a minimum of 4 days.

From Cusco you can fly to Puerto Maldonado and visit a jungle lodge for a minimum 3 nights.

5. Re: Traveling Peru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2014, 05:17