We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Llama Online Tours Peru SRL

NYC
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Llama Online Tours Peru SRL

Hi,

Although this company's website has been in existence since 2010 and it looks very professional, I find it odd that there are no reviews for them on TripAdvisor (or anywhere else on the internet for that matter). Their website looks very legit. They even post many customer testimonials that look real and are very positive.

http://www.llamatoursperu.com/en/feedback

They are listed as an official Inca Trail Tour company.

Given all this you would think there would be at least 1 mention of them on all of the world wide web other than their own postings!

Also of questionable nature - their payment method: Western Union to a person, not transfer to the company. They claim it is because the person is the owner of the company. Maybe this is normal? I question that but that might just be a cultural difference.

Maybe there are legitimate answers to all my issues but I can't find any answers so far. Has ANYONE had experience or know of this company?

Thank you!

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Llama Online Tours Peru SRL

Hi

I was just trying to research this company also as they offer a tour that I like the look of. Did you travel through them in the end? If so, were they a legitimate company?

Thanks

Laura

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Llama Online Tours Peru SRL

Hi

I have also found this tour operator for the Lares Trek via Huaran that we would like to do.

Does anyone know if this is a legitimate tour operator?

Thanks

J L
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
34 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Llama Online Tours Peru SRL

Yep, same question here. They look promising and seem fine contacting them, but I am hesitant to send money to some place with no reviews outside their own website.

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Llama Online Tours Peru SRL

Hi everyone,

has anybody tried it at least?

Thanks for your help.

Reykjavik, Iceland
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Llama Online Tours Peru SRL

Hello!

I was in Cuzco in May and I booked several tours through Llama Online Tour (in the office they have in Acupari Language school). It was a very friendly and professional service.

They were also able to deliver some extras, such as having the train from Machu Picchu take me as a passenger in Ollantaytambo.

They also don't try to make money at every price, as they advised me against visiting La Rinconada,

Everything worked out well with that company, apart maybe from one thing: they recommended I go to Ecolodge la Estancia on Isla del Sol on Lake Titicaca. This was way too expensive for what it was, but, as I learnt later, the price had risen steeply a short time before, so they probably just hadn't been told yet.

I can't say anything about their asking for payment through WU, as I paid cash on site (they didn't accept cards).

Joanna

Edited: 13 December 2014, 20:01
London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Llama Online Tours Peru SRL

Update following stay in Peru:

We have eventually booked the Lares Trek with Llama Online Tours Peru. I would avoid them at all costs!!!

We paid the deposit into a German bank account (in Euros), which all worked fine. However, when we got to Cusco, 2-3 days before the start of the trek, my partner became very ill and he had to be hospitalised.

We immediately informed the company to say that we are very unlikely to be able to do the trek. I stayed at the hotel and the company sent representatives to the hotel every single day to chase me for the remainder of the money. I repeatedly told them that we had paid a deposit and - fair enough - that's the amount we lose by not attending the trek, but I refused to pay the remainder of the trip.

The company claimed that because my partner and I were the only ones booked on the tour, we have to pay the total amount because the food had already been ordered, the horseman was on his way to the start of the trek, the tour guide was booked for us for 4 days etc. I repeatedly told them that we did not book a private tour and it is not our fault if no one else books on the same tour as us. Surely it is the purpose of the deposit to cover such things as no-show etc.

The company representatives were very rude and they chased us every few hours for 3 days consecutively about the remainder of the money. They knew that my partner was in hospital and that he was suffering from an unknown tropical disease and therefore had to stay in a hospital in Cusco. It is very distressing being far away from home and not knowing if you'll walk out of that hospital alive again.

At one point, this highly unprofessional company even contacted the hospital as they wanted to get the money from us. I'm not sure if things are done like this in South America, but to be in a hospital with your partner, who was having blood tests and intravenous medication at that time, and then to be told by a doctor that there is a phone call for you and that you have to speak to the insurance company is really inappropriate and highly insensitive.

In the end, when both the owner/director of the company, another manager and the tour guide came to the hotel again, which is where I stayed whilst my partner was in hospital, I literally felt 'cornered' and I had no choice other than paying them the full amount.

They did give me a certificate and an invoice to claim the money back from our insurance - however, since then, the insurance has also declined it. Whilst I'm still in the process of finding out why our travel insurance does not want to pay for this lost trip, it appears that they see it as insurance fraud... it was a coincidence that only the two of us were booked on this tour; had someone else booked the same trip, the tour would have continued as usual, e.g. the tour guide would have had to do the trip, the horseman would have been required etc.

I will report this company to the authorities in Cusco and Peru; I will also officially complain about their behaviour and the way they treat people. I would therefore avoid them at all costs!

Cusco.
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Llama Online Tours Peru SRL

Hi everyone.

If you really would like to enjoy any trek or tour, you should contact SAM Travel Peru which is a direct local tour operator based in Cusco and they Trek OFF the beaten track.

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
19 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Llama Online Tours Peru SRL

I went with this company and am still unsure of their legitimacy. I ended up on a trip with them by filling out the web form on Llamapath's website. It was answered by Llama Tours and we really didn't think much of it. They are quick to respond and we didn't realize their was a problem until they showed up to our hotel to pick us up and they were not Llama Path. I have no idea how they are getting Llama Path leads as no one in our group ever saw their website until we googled them post inca trail adventure.

The transportation to the Inca trail is uncomfortable. The transportation from the Inca trail was almost non-existent. The driver was supposed to meet the five of us exhausted travelers and was half an hour late. The entire experience seemed sketchy. Our guide, Carlos, was a lazy machismo cocky guy. The porters were excellent and hard working. Gear was pretty good overall. Cooking was impressive due to no facilities whatsoever. I can't say I found it excellent but after a hard day of hiking we were excited to eat and other than a heavy hand with the salt, it was great.

Be advised, they aren't very specific with their times, hours, quotes. They tried to put us on a 7pm train back from Macchu Picchu and when we balked due to starting our day at 315 am, they tried to charge us to change the ticket. Overall, I would not go with them again or recommend them but if you end up on their tour you will have a good enough experience and enjoy the Inca Trail

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
19 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Llama Online Tours Peru SRL

I went with this company and am still unsure of their legitimacy. I ended up on a trip with them by filling out the web form on Llamapath's website. It was answered by Llama Tours and we really didn't think much of it. They are quick to respond and we didn't realize their was a problem until they showed up to our hotel to pick us up and they were not Llama Path. I have no idea how they are getting Llama Path leads as no one in our group ever saw their website until we googled them post inca trail adventure.

The transportation to the Inca trail is uncomfortable. The transportation from the Inca trail was almost non-existent. The driver was supposed to meet the five of us exhausted travelers and was half an hour late. The entire experience seemed sketchy. Our guide, Carlos, was a lazy machismo cocky guy. The porters were excellent and hard working. Gear was pretty good overall. Cooking was impressive due to no facilities whatsoever. I can't say I found it excellent but after a hard day of hiking we were excited to eat and other than a heavy hand with the salt, it was great.

Be advised, they aren't very specific with their times, hours, quotes. They tried to put us on a 7pm train back from Macchu Picchu and when we balked due to starting our day at 315 am, they tried to charge us to change the ticket. Overall, I would not go with them again or recommend them but if you end up on their tour you will have a good enough experience and enjoy the Inca Trail

5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Llama Online Tours Peru SRL

Dear Andrea,

I am Ruth Condori Quinta, CEO of Llama Online Tour Peru S.R.L.

I hope your boyfriend is feeling better.

I felt very bad when I read your rating about the canceled trek in Cusco with our agency and the rather offensive comments which you made against my agency and its employees.

I would like to point out, that our reservation policies are clearly stated on our website. Before you book a tour it's always best to read the terms carefully, and you can always contact us in advance and ask if there are exceptions to the terms in special cases like yours.

I would like to remind you of the following:

When you arrived in Cusco two days before the trek, you wrote us an email with the following questions:

1. - We have now arrived in Cusco and are adjusting well to the altitude.

By when do we need to pay the outstanding amount? I have a few problems with withdrawing cash as there is a limit set by the banks in Cusco. I'm trying to withdraw as much as possible every day, but would it be possible to pay some by credit card?

Could you please confirm the time you will be arriving tomorrow in our hostal? When do we need to give you the items to pack for carrying by the horse?

2. - Can I pay in Soles or Dollars?

3. - How many people are in the group?

Kind regards

Andrea

And that you weren't sure if you would be able to manage the trek. Not once however did you state that your boyfriend was ill.

You only informed the guide at the day of the briefing, one day before the scheduled trek, that your boyfriend was feeling ill and that you would come back the following day and let us know if he was feeling better.

We offered you an alternative to the trek, in case you couldn't join, but we felt like you weren't even interested and only wanted to claim your train tickets, the entrance to Machu Picchu and the voucher for the hotel in Aguas Calientes, even though your deposit didn't cover all the expenses for those tickets.

You mentioned that we were bothering you for three days; again we would like to point out, that you asked for these meetings and even scheduled the exact time in order to meet at a convenient time.

The reason you payed for the whole trek, is because we handed over all the tickets to the train, Machu Picchu and the hotel in Aguas Calientes.

I would like to emphasize strongly, that we do not exploit our staff. For your understanding, one day before your trek we had two people who were already working. (The Arriero had to travel one day before to Huaran with the horses and the cook had to buy all the supplies a day before).

When you made your reservation you asked for the Lares trek via Huaran, this trek is not an easy route and not yet that well known among the travelers, hence not that busy, but it is the best and nicest route in the valley of Lares. You indicated, that you wanted a group trek, we guarantee our treks with a minimum of two people and a maximum of six. That is the commitment we make to our clients. If there had been more people in your group, according to our policies, you would still have had to pay.

Concerning your insurance; we provided you with all the documents necessary to claim reimbursement. We sincerely regret the attitude of your insurance company; however you can hardly make us responsible for their behavior.

Sincerely,

Ruth Condori Quinta,