We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Star peru help!

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Star peru help!

I know there is other posts on this topic but I can't seem to find an answer can anyone help?

I've tried purchasing lima- cusco return flights on star peru website using 2 different mastercards and also my Visa card. My Visa card I was asked for my verification code which was accepted but I still get taken to a page that says 'error return to home page'.

If anyone has any answers please let me know thanks :)

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Star peru help!

Try calling Mastercard and Visa and ask if they can see what happened. You don't want a situation where your purchase did actually go through and you didn't realize it.

Did you advise your banks in advance that you were going to try to make an overseas purchase?

Star Peru has a call center and email contact on their web page. I have never had a problem making a purchase, but I think others have. In the past they were able to make the reservation and then pay when they arrived in Peru, I believe.

You might also try doing the booking through the Spanish language version of the website.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
4,877 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Star peru help!

As mlgb said, Call not only your bank, but Star Peru, as you don’t want to end up with a double purchase.

One thing we have found is that Star Peru's website has an unusually fast reset time. If you take too long to fill in the payment information, or it takes too long for your banks system to respond, the reservation is released making it impossible to complete the transaction.

indianapolis
Level Contributor
103 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Star peru help!

I had to keep trying over and over again to get it to "take" our reservation. Probably took me over 2 weeks of trying - one day it magically worked....I know none of that is very helpful - but keep at it and you might catch it on a good day.

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Star peru help!

Thankyou all for your help. I did exactly that - kept trying every day and today it magically worked! So strange.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
4,877 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Star peru help!

Glad to hear

6. Re: Star peru help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 05:17