We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time and Money needed for Peru

New York City
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
How much time and Money needed for Peru

I asked this before,but now I have a better idea what I want to do

If I go to Peru, The main things I want to see are Cuzco, Macchu Pichu and the Nazca Lines

Ive seen as low as $100 plane trips to see the Nazca Lines and its a 3 hours each way trip from Lima to Nazca.

I am thinking 1 day Macchu Pichu via 1st Class Train from Cuzco.

Probably 2-3 more days in Cuzco to to see Hidden Valley and the the rest of Cuzco and maybe 2-3 Days in Lima.

Id like to spend about $50-$75 a night for Hotel and I would need to take an airplane from Lima to Cuzco

I think thats my basic trip

New York City
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How much time and Money needed for Peru

Is it better to book a tour or do the trip yourself.

I did Europe myself without much trouble, but Europe is well able to to handle tourists and has the infrastructure. I dont know if Perui has that

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How much time and Money needed for Peru

Peru has a well developed tourism infrastructure.

However given your general state of confusion I think a tour may be advisable.

New York City
Level Contributor
4,679 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How much time and Money needed for Peru

I generally dont take Taxis, but are taxis the best way to get around?

From Cuzco to Urubamba and maybe from Lima to Nazca

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How much time and Money needed for Peru

Hi Howard, From Lima to Nazca would be very expensive by taxi, best to take a bus for this one.

There are several options you could use between Cusco and Urubamba, buses would be the cheapest route but can also be the slowest. I think I would opt for a private car so that you could visit a few sites on the way.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,591 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How much time and Money needed for Peru

"are taxis the best way to get around"

For long distances, buses, trains or planes are better.

Can I suggest a deep breath and a think about what it is you really want to know about Peru.

Comparing it with NYC or Europe won't be helpful. It has a charm all of its own, and a well-developed tourism industry.

16. Re: How much time and Money needed for Peru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2016, 13:16
17. Re: How much time and Money needed for Peru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 06:20