We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Form Chivay to Capachica Peninsula

Izegem, Belgium
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Form Chivay to Capachica Peninsula

hello,

How is the best and fasted way to travel from Chivay to Llachon (Capachica Peninsula-Titicaca)? Is th 4M-express bus trip from Chivay to Juliaca a good option? Are there alternatives (other companies or public busses)? Where can I find more information about time schedules of public busses; is there a website for it?

Any advice would be very helpfull.

Thanks !

Pol, Belgium

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,388 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Form Chivay to Capachica Peninsula

By normal bus, you will ahve to take a Chivay Arequipa bus to the road junction and there wait for a Arequipa Juliaca bus (very frequent). In Juliaca, you must go to another small bus stop for the bus to Capachica.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Form Chivay to Capachica Peninsula

The 4M bus goes through Juliaca to Puno.

Izegem, Belgium
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Form Chivay to Capachica Peninsula

Hello,

We travel with 5 persons and in high season...Is it not too risky to wait for busses from Arequipa to Juliaca without reservation? And do you have an idea of the frequency of departures from Arequipa or where i can find this information?

I'also informed me by 4M Express, and it is possible to drop off at Juliaca. The inconvenience from 4M Express is that the departure is in the afternoon with arrival at Juliaca at 6.30 pm. I'd rather like to travel at an earlier hour, so i don't arrive too late at Capachica (before dark...)

4. Re: Form Chivay to Capachica Peninsula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2015, 05:20