We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazon Cruise

Virginia
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Amazon Cruise

I am planning a trip that will include an Amazon cruise. I noticed that there are riverboats leaving from different countries. Are some areas of the Amazon better than others from a cruising standpoint? I am mostly interested in the wildlife and national areas. What country/port should I leave from to get the best view of the Amazon?

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
219 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amazon Cruise

Nietza,

Arguably, the better destinations are Peru and Brazil. In Peru, you can cruise to the Pacaya Samiria reserve and in Brazil up the Rio Negro, perhaps to the Jaú National Park. Look at the smaller ships for the best experience, as lower passenger number makes for better excursions off the ship. A new, boutique vessel available in Peru is the Cattleya and very affordable at the moment.

Rainforest Cruises

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,520 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amazon Cruise

Check for yhe post on the Cattleya below

3. Re: Amazon Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 05:15