We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peruvian Secrets

Bournemouth, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Peruvian Secrets

I am thinking of using this company for my trip next year, the only reviews I can see on here are from 2011. Has anyone used this company recently?

17 replies to this topic
1. Re: Peruvian Secrets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 12:16

Cark, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peruvian Secrets

Just got back from travelling Peru with Peruvian Secrets. Excellent tour, everything we needed taken care of, felt 5 star all the way, made to feel very special. Nothing was too much trouble for the guides. Had an amazing holiday 19 days in all. Highlights were Colca Canyon and the stunning Condors, Cusco, Arequipa and of course Machu Piccuhu. Definately recommend this company. Hope you have as good a trip as we did.

S&SA Hirst, Cark, Cumbria.

Bournemouth, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Peruvian Secrets

Thank you so much for your message, I have only this last week booked the trip for next April and now feel very reassured after reading your response.

california
Level Contributor
365 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peruvian Secrets

SA Hirst -- this is your only post to tripadvisor, did Peruvian Secrets ask you to post?

Can you maybe elaborate a little more or post reviews of places you went with them in the reviews section?

Sorry, just if the only post someone has is in support of a company, it feels like it maybe a setup.

Cark, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Peruvian Secrets

Hi

This is my first time posting to Trip Advisor but I felt I should post as I used the website before booking when looking for advice on this company Peruvian Secrets. We did have a truly well arranged holiday with them. They had a driver meet us at every changeover and take us to our next hotel and help us book in. One guide even got up at 3.30am to wake us up at 4am and then queued on our behalf for an hour at the bus stop so we could catch one of the first buses up to Machu Picchu. I think its natural to worry about a holiday and booking arrangements made on your behalf but my reason for posting was to add my reasurrance that this company gave us a wonderful experience. In Arequipa we visited the monastery and the museums, in Cusco the Inka museum with the guys outside in costume!, and the museum housing the mummies found on the mountain. Plus a great restaurant Ciccola or something similar just off the main square. Puno and Lake Titicca was a bit over touristy but still the Uros Islands were good to see. Machu Picchu is just awesome. Wished we had done a bit more of the Inca trail but some of it is pretty tough so maybe a couple of days was enough on reflection.The company managed our tour and stop overs so we felt that we had a good time to acclimatise to the altitude so pleased we never had a problem. Not sure i would bother with the pryamid in Lima ( this wasn't part of the tour arrangements but something we decided to do when waiting for our flight back) but the park in Miraflores was interesting full of cats! Great restaurant the travittore or something like that. Hope this helps. This is genuine and not a set up. Best wishes.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Peruvian Secrets

Have just returned from a wonderful holiday with Peruvian Secrets. Everything was really well arranged, the personal service was second to none we have received in the past, the hotels were comfortable and the guides and drivers were helpful and friendly. I cannot recommend this company highly enough, and will certainly use them again for any future trips to South America.

Bournemouth, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Peruvian Secrets

Thanks for your message - very reassuring

San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Peruvian Secrets

I am not familiar with Peruvian Secrets, but I would highly recommend Ancient Summit. Nina Fogelman and Ancient Summit organized a fantastic August 2014 tour of Peru for our group of 8 friends. Nina now lives in Florida (she is available by phone and email), but she used to live in Peru and is personally familiar with all of the sights. Ancient Summit has an office in Lima, and they take care of everything. In fact, my husband lost his passport in Lima 2 days before our departure from Peru, and Ancient Summit arranged for our Lima guide to take my husband to the 3 different offices he had to visit (police, US Embassy, visa office). He had his new passport in a few hours.

Because of varying schedules and interests, all 8 members of our group did the 10-day “Core Trip” of Machu Picchu/Sacred Valley/Cusco/Lake Titicaca/Lima, but some of us also went to the Manu Biosphere and/or Colca Canyon and Arequipa. Ancient Summit did an excellent job of coordinating our different schedules and flights, and we all had a wonderful time. We highly recommend Ancient Summit and 2 of our guides in particular: Wilfredo Huillca Gamarra for Machu Picchu/Inca Trail/Sacred Valley/Cusco and Blanca Inca for Colca Canyon/Arequipa. In addition to the usual tourist activities, we visited the home of Nina's friends and also had a cooking lesson with a chef (delicious!).

Most of our group are in our 60’s. We wanted to hike part of the Inca Trail, but did not think we could all do the 4-day trek. Ancient Summit arranged the 1-day trek for us, ending at the Sun Gate. Our progress was slow and we arrived at Machu Picchu at the end of the day, but the view from the Sun Gate was spectacular. Our advice is to train for this hike because the altitude takes a lot out of you, but it is worth it.

Ancient Summit gave us choices to keep costs down (e.g., moderate vs. expensive hotels), and they gave us excellent value.

Edited: 03 October 2014, 21:26
Massa, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Peruvian Secrets

I've recently been on a trip to peru with peruvian secrets we had an amazing time- the hotels, the guides were all great and its really good value for money- highly recommened

Bournemouth, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Peruvian Secrets

Thank you for your message. We have booked with them and going in April next year so it's great to receive positive feedback.

Reply to: Peruvian Secrets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted