We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gate 1 10 day peru trip

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Gate 1 10 day peru trip

I have never gone on a group tour I usually travel solo. I did not want my husband who doesn't travel well miss out on Peru so the easiest thing seemed to be to allow gate one to handle the details.

First for the $ gate 1 is a great value the top class accommodations in Lima, Cusco, Urbamba, and Puno were amazing. The cost of the trip and all the tours if calculated individually would have likely surpassed what we paid.

I was very happy with the guides and their knowledge. It was a very fast but filled 10 days. I also had free time to wander out on my own. The guides took great care with our safety and health in mind.

I personally am a back packer girl so group trips are a bit off for me but i would definitely use gate 1 again. They were able to get everything in that we wanted to see Machu Pichu, Uros Island, moray and Moras in 10 days when it may have taken me weeks solo. Yes I would use them again.

los angeles
Level Contributor
833 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gate 1 10 day peru trip

May I ask how much it cost and which hotels did you folks stayed ?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gate 1 10 day peru trip

We got a group on for $1800 per person and we did a $500 upgrade for the two of us. We stayed at Casa Andina in Lima, Casa Andina private collection in Urumbamba, hotel Jose Antonio in Puno, I can't recall in Cusco but it was very nice. The time spent in the hotels is really for sleeping but if you choose to not do day tours it is relaxing to sleep in too.

los angeles
Level Contributor
833 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gate 1 10 day peru trip

Thanks ccunning888. May I ask what is the upgrade for ? Did you go on their optional trip ? Am comparing services and pricing with other company. Thanks again.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
695 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gate 1 10 day peru trip

ccunning888, I will be taking this trip in Peru but added on the 5 day Amazon River Cruise. Did you take any optional tours? If so, which did you really like and were there any you didn't care for. Some seem a bit expensive. We may just do Cusco on our own instead of taking the Gate 1 optional tours. Any suggestions of what we should not miss in Cusco? We switched from Plan B hotels to Plan A hotels after communicating with others on the Gate 1 forum. However, it cost us $300. for the two of us - not $500. I notice that the upgrade costs vary with Gate 1. One date showed the upgrade is only $50. per person! We were able to get in on a weekly deal from Gate 1 when we booked at $490. off per person - this was with the Amazon River Cruise - which made us very happy. I'm glad to hear you had a great time.

Calgary, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gate 1 10 day peru trip

Hi there - we are taking this tour later this year. For getting from place to place, would you recommend that a backpack be required or would regular wheely luggage be suitable? Is it taken from place to place for you or are you responsible for it yourself most of the time? Thank you in advance! :-)

6. Re: Gate 1 10 day peru trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 05:16