We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Machu Picchu

Sunny Bolton
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Machu Picchu

Hi there, i am travelling to peru in july, i want to visit machu picchu, but the thing is i am travelling to ecuador first and i dont know the exact dates i will be entering peru, i have heard you have to book in advance, is this the case just for the inca trail 3 day hike, i am not to bothered about doing the hike, i am looking to travel to machu pichu by train and stay for a day, can i organise this when i arrive in cuzco, i just dont like booking things in advance, i like the freedom to do what i want

all help would be nice

thanks alot

Paz

austin, texas
Level Contributor
580 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Machu Picchu

Two things book up in advance: The Inca Trail (which you do

not seem to want to do) and train tickets to Aguas Calient (which you must have to get to MP).

Considering that you are going to peru in high season, you need to book your train tickets NOW. Unfortunately, some dates during that time may already be fully booked. But, there may still be some available, so do not wait any longer.

Sunny Bolton
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Machu Picchu

what a shame it is to book so far in advance i dont like dto be pinnedto an itienery

thanks for your help, i dont suppose you know a good place to book this now do you

cheeralot

Sunny Bolton
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Machu Picchu

please excuse my english as i have had a few beers

new york
Level Contributor
725 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Machu Picchu

LOL. That's good - making important and expensive decisions when you're smashed.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,377 posts
504 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Machu Picchu

Book via : http://www.orient-express.com

Sunny Bolton
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Machu Picchu

i make good decisions when i am smashed !!! i lol toooooo

im almost ready to book and i cant wait, just ready to down a bottle of cognac before i make my final decision !!!!

7. Re: Machu Picchu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 12:26