We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses to Puno in early morning?

Which Arequipa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Buses to Puno in early morning?

Anybody has a schedule for buses leaving for Puno? I'm planning to book a tour to Sillustani, which leaves at 14:00. I read somewhere there's a good road between Arequipa and Puno and the trip takes about 5 hours. So I guess I'd better leave Arequipa at about 7-8 am. Thanks in advance.

São Paulo
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses to Puno in early morning?

Hi Roman!!

Funny you asked! So, I have the same problem, so I found a bus that leaves at 08:00 and another at 10:00. Cruz del Sur. And there's another one at 08:30, but more expensive... Also, All Ways Travel in Puno said there're some local bus companies, but I couldn't find anything about them. Anyway, I think I prefer to go with Cruz del Sur.

I sent an e-mail to All Ways Travel in Puno that has some tours at 14:00 and asked if there's another tour later that day (Sep 2nd) and how much is it for a private tour (leaves untill 16:00), just in case I got delayed... I'll let you know their answer.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses to Puno in early morning?

Hey Fekoba, thanks for that info! BTW, what e-mail do you use to get in touch with AllWays? Will be waiting for updates. saludos :)

São Paulo
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses to Puno in early morning?

Hi Roman!

So, I didn't get any answer yet, but there is no bus leaveng before 8AM or in the evening (day before...).

I think there's a posibility to go from Colca to Puno but you should talk to Colca Trek Agency: colcatrek@hotmail.com

We'll probably try to take some private tour to Sillustani (and try to find some people to share it with us...).

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses to Puno in early morning?

Thanks for that info.

But can anyone confirm how long does the trip take?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,221 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses to Puno in early morning?

From Arequipa to Puno is 281 Kms, but the road goes as high as 4690 meters above sea level. On the Cruz del Sur web site it says it takes 5 hours.

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses to Puno in early morning?

I know they say it's 5 hours. However, I read some reports that it takes as long as 6... Would be good to hear from someone who actually took the CDS bus.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
142 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses to Puno in early morning?

We took the Cruz del Sur bus from Arequipa to Puno on July 17th. It left on time and was suppose to be non-stop, but there were a few people on the bus that were very sick, the 2 toilets on the bus became unusable(if you know what I mean) so the bus made a unscheduled 20 minute stop.

Consequently, we were almost a 1/2 hour late.

Our bus driver drove pretty fast but it still took 6 hours. I would think a 14:00 departure would almost be impossible to make. Will they pick you up from the bus station? If not, you still need to allow time to get to your hotel and dump your stuff.

8. Re: Buses to Puno in early morning?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 01:17