We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in Chivay/Colca Cayon in October

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
49 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
weather in Chivay/Colca Cayon in October

Hi,

I am taking a quick trip to Arequipa (with trip to Colca Canyon) and then on to Lake Titicaca. What is the weather like in these two places and what should I pack? Is it rainy season in the beginning of October? (I'll be there the first week). I'm trying to get everything into a small duffle and wonder if the weather varies greatly from Arequipa to Puno.

Any help is appreciated....

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in Chivay/Colca Cayon in October

It stays pretty dry with rare rain/thundershowers

Bring raingear just in case but pretty nice.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,530 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in Chivay/Colca Cayon in October

Mostly clear skies during the day and night. Dry and cool weather at noon. Cold nights.

Moderate wind. Low humidity. High incidence of solar radiation. Absence of rain.

No need to bring rain gear at all !

Arequipa, Peru
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in Chivay/Colca Cayon in October

qwovadis is right! some day ago It was raining in some parts of the Colca canyon! Just in case bring your waterproof jacket or poncho rain.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
519 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in Chivay/Colca Cayon in October

I was there at that time of year in 2004...it was generally warm enough to wear shorts during the day but it cools off at night. Layers are the best bet. The rainy season doesn't really kick in until later, unless it's a weird weather year. Might want a water/wind proof jacket in case.

5. Re: weather in Chivay/Colca Cayon in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2010, 04:18