We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodations in Cusco

San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodations in Cusco

Is it better to stay very close to the Plaza de Armes, or a bit farther away? I've read countless reviews on both options - its a trade up - noisey at the Plaza de Armes or a walk to get to your hotel.

Suggestions?

For example, we looked at Case de mi Abuela (a bit of a walk) and Hotel Marqueses (2 blocks away).

Thank you

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,435 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodations in Cusco

You can try Casa San Blas, which has very good reviews on this forum. Its walking distance fom the Plaza de Armas and in a very nice neighbourhood.

BCA
usa
Level Contributor
514 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodations in Cusco

My family just returned from Peru and we had a delightful stay at Casa San Blas. We had a suite apartment which was nice because we were on the top floor with access to a lovely terrace with tables and chairs. It was a quick walk to the Plaza De Armes and many restaurants and shops. The street is cobblestone and steep but we thought it added to the appeal of the location!

The staff at Casa San Blas couldn't be nicer and more helpful. The internet access and the breakfast were good. And, the prices are good. You can check out their website at casasanblas.com.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,922 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodations in Cusco

also stayed at Casa San Blas and loved the hotel and the location just a a short walk down to the plaza.. as well as a great bakery across the street form the hotel..... there are many sites not on the plaza..at the end of the day catch a cab back up the hill.. only a few soles for a ride.. lots of cabs around the plaza

Fox Island...
Level Contributor
610 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodations in Cusco

I would try and stay within a few blocks of the Plaza so you can walk. Taxis are cheap but it so nice to walk on the streets at your leisure. I stayed at the Marqueses and was very pleased with the staff and the location. Service was excellent! Very pretty establishment but the plumbing had a few issues. I don't think that is uncommon in hotels in Peru. Ask for a room heater when you check in wherever you stay, as there is no central heat and it gets very cold at night.

U.S.A. ( the land...
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodations in Cusco

AJH: We stayed at the Rumi Punku, within walking distance of the plaza - if you get tired, you can get a cab ( 2 soles) to take you back. We asked for a room on the third floor as the rooms on the ground floor next to the lobby are a bit noisy. Very nice place, friendly and attentive staff, good breakfast, airy patios off the rooms, heater in room, hot showers, pretty hanging plants everywhere. The entrance to Rumi Punku is the original Incan stone.

louisville, ky
Level Contributor
129 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodations in Cusco

The only problem we had staying a bit farther away (Ninos Hotel) was that we felt very sluggish due to the altitude, and walking was a bit of a chore. However, we got to see more of the city by walking through the neighborhood.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
154 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodations in Cusco

I second Rumi Punku. The location was truly ideal. Casa San Blas is a good location too, but I didn't stay there so I can't really comment on the hotel. Rumi Punku is about half way between San Blas and Plaza del Armas. There's shops and restaurants really close, and it's a safe neighborhood to walk in, even at night. We'd stay at Rumi Punku again if we were to return to Cusco - loved it!

8. Re: Accomodations in Cusco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2012, 16:30
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
191 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accomodations in Cusco

staying at torre dorada, which is further out, but they will drop you off and pick you up as needed.

10. Re: Accomodations in Cusco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 16:17