We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAN's Basic Plus option

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
LAN's Basic Plus option

Hi everyone,

My mom is planning a trip to Cusco to visit my brother who's living down there, and she has a question that she wanted me to ask.

She is booking her Lima - Cusco tickets on LAN, and they are asking if she wants to upgrade to Basic Plus for $50 USD to choose your seat. She would like to know if that is necessary or is it a real problem when checking in for the flight in Lima, is it a hassle to get seats?

Thanks for the help.

Mentioned in this post
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LAN's Basic Plus option

We didn't have advance seats for our flight last year & had no problems. They seated us together, no issues. It's only a 1 hr. flight, and I don't think they will sell tickets if they don't have seats available. I don't think it would be worth the extra $$.

Springfield, VA
Level Contributor
67 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LAN's Basic Plus option

One bit of advice- Tell your Mom to be sure she books the Lima-Cuzco air segment on Lan's Peru site, not the USA site. OR have a Peruvian Travel Agent book the domestic Peru flights as the cost will be almost 1/2 of what she will pay on the U.S. Lan site! There are good agents in Cuzco who can do this-- I am using InkaNatura's Cuzco office for this, with all contact w/them by email, including payment over secure website w/a code. No kidding, it's a big diffference in price.

Mentioned in this post
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Peru
Peru
South America
Toronto
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: LAN's Basic Plus option

Above post is right. Another one to use is www.apunake.com

I actually did it myself for my daughter and her boyfriend. Booked 7 flights on LAN in Peru for just over $700 .. the US site would have been $2100. They are down there now and had no issues. It was an absolute pain though doing it myself (took me 20 hrs). For the small service charge, I would use Apunake

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
San Diego...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: LAN's Basic Plus option

You get to choose what seat you want 24 hr prior to the flight without paying extra and you can do that @ www.lan.com . Plus LAN uses A-319 on all Cusco flights the seats are not bad at all. I checked in 24 hr before on both of the flights. if you have just have a carry on you can just go straight to the gate because you will have you online boarding pases.

Mentioned in this post
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Toronto
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: LAN's Basic Plus option

That is what I have heard too. My daughter said the flight Lima to Cusco was great and the views were lovely. Sounds like LAN is a great way to fly

Mentioned in this post
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
6. Re: LAN's Basic Plus option

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 22:19