Having booked our tickets, our non refundable totally unflexible tickets, we have just become aware that there is a very real possibility that our early morning [7.20 am] flight from Cusco may be delayed or cancelled due to weather conditions.
As all this flying activity is scheduled to happen on April 24th I am hoping that the weather gods will cooperate and we will make our flight. But being paranoid I would like to insure us against the possibility that it all goes really bad.
Also we just found out that we need to have special travel insurance for the Inca trail.
I haven't been able to deduce from my online search whether the Inca trail is a "level 1" activity [least expensive/hazardous] of "lever four" it seems exceptions are made for trekking in Peru for under 4000 meters, but the trail goes above that in the dead woman's pass right?
I must note that we are European citizens and from what I could tell from insuremytrip.com and worldnomads.com the packages offered to US citizens are much more comprehensive.
Any ideas? thoughts,or suggestions? Bring them on, PLEASE.
Thank you all for your kind help.
Kind regards from Athens,