We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Star Peru

Mystic, CT
Level Contributor
114 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Star Peru

Does anybody know if this is still in operation. There website looks legit but I thought in another post it said they are no longer in operation. I get to the point of the website right before I pay and it seems OK. Tickets are ~$200

Its has been really frustrating trying to find an affordable flight from LIM -> CUZ. Expedia listed the LAN flights as $300 and I almost went with that, but after fees were added the cost was more like $440.

The site http://www.apunake.com has been suggested but I can't get it to run (using MS Internet Explorer). Maybe I can call 1-800 number

I tried tp://www.despegar.com but when it loads it goes to www.us.despegar.com and the tickets are ~$375

We would love to fly the LAN airline and would even be OK with $300 per ticket, but ~$440 is busting my budget.

USA
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Star Peru

Did you try TACA? They have good flights I hear and for as low as $143 R/T.

StarPeru is still operating as far as I know. Several other airlines (Aerocondor, for example) were shut down last year.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Star Peru

www.taca.com has cheap flights nice planes

call www.apunake.com peru web sites crash a lot

Star Peru in trouble older dodgy planes service

avoid if possible...

Mystic, CT
Level Contributor
114 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Star Peru

I'll be traveling with my precious 17 yr old daughter. My wife tells me not to be cheap - fly on a plane thats not going to crash!

Thanks for all the input - I'll try to call apunake today

USA
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Star Peru

Why not TACA? Great airline, good planes...Cheaper than LAN even at apunake?

Mystic, CT
Level Contributor
114 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Star Peru

Middle Age Man

I would love to fly Taca, but they only have one flight (5:40 a.m.) on the day I need to travel and that is too early since we will still be in the air on our LAN flight from New York. I just checked their website and the ticket was ~$180

Mentioned in this post
New York
New York
United States
california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Star Peru

Has anyone been able to reach apunake by phone? Or received a response to email?

My experience in December was that when the website crashed they didn't respond to anything.

USA
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Star Peru

Apunake always responded to my e-mails. They only way I could get their website to work was to use Internet Explorer.

USA
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Star Peru

Apunake always responded to my e-mails. They only way I could get their website to work was to use Internet Explorer.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
41 posts
391 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Star Peru

I can't get the Apunake website to work on Internet Explorer, and I have the newest edition. I have called them multiple times and there is no answer.

I don't recommend Despegar because I booked flights through them and did not receive confirmed tickets. When I called LAN, there was no reservation in their system.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Star Peru

I booked a flight on TACA yesterday - LIM - CUZ for around $147.00, in First Class!, including tax. Yes, their schedule sucks - 05:40 departure, but the price is right and their reputation and service is good. Flying on an Airbus 320 too.