We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report part 3

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report part 3

9. Take a suitcase if you are not on a year's long trip! I originally thought a backpack was the best option but in the end, we took both a backpack and a suitcase. The backpack was not ideal, as it was hard to lock up, customs seem to like rummaging through it! Also it is too bulky and does not hold as much as you would like it to. I thought Cusco was predominately a backpackers world but it is not. A suit case will not look out of place.

10. Altitude sickness. One symptom is waking up at 3 or 4 in the morning with a stabbing headache!! I didn't know this until I have experienced it and swapped stories with fellow travelers. Just take some pain killers for headaches. Also since we went slow, we didn't experience altitude sickness on the inca trail but everyone in our group did!

Enjoy Peru, it was truly better than I expected, which makes our next destination a hard act to follow!

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
947 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report part 3

All your points are very true. Great advice for all the new planners.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report part 3

I agree about the suitcase. Taxis are so cheap, and hotels are used to holding luggage. It really is the easiest way to go, one suitcase and a small daypack. I bought a duffle bag when I was in Peru for gifts.

3. Re: Trip Report part 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2010, 07:17