We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camera Battery hiking inca trail

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Monica...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Camera Battery hiking inca trail

Suggestions on how to re-charge cameras while doing 4 day inca trail hike? Tips on what camera to use considering no power sources during hike? thanks.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camera Battery hiking inca trail

some of the camp huts have chargers it is done in shifts

for a fee check with your agency

backup batteries always wise...

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camera Battery hiking inca trail

any good pocket digital camera will be fine have plenty of battery life...

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,166 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camera Battery hiking inca trail

The only place you can be sure of electrical outlets for charging is at the bar at Winay Wayna, where you arrive in the afternoon of Day 3. And then, you will have to jockey with many, many others for position at the outlet & wait there while it charges. Otherwise, no power sources along the trail.

We took an extra (charged) camera battery with us to be sure we would have enough charge to get us through the entire hike, ditto with memory cards.

Edited: 29 September 2010, 21:52
West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camera Battery hiking inca trail

I've recently returned from Peru where I did the trail - I took a fully charged camera and a charged spare battery. Obviously it depends on your camera model and how many photos you take, but I only used about half of my battery and did not need the spare one (panasonic lumix digital compact) - it was good to have the peace of mind though!

As redhead says there is the opportunity to charge at the bar on the 3rd day. I'd recommend taking a spare battery just to be sure.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,252 posts
481 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camera Battery hiking inca trail

Even if you are not doing the Inca trail, its always wise to have a spare battery and memory card when travelling. It will keep your mind at rest and you will ensure as many photos as required. They are cheap and very easy to carry anyway.

London
Level Contributor
135 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camera Battery hiking inca trail

Have a spare battery wherever you go, anywhere in the world. You never know when a battery will fail. Why take a chance?

Bay Area
Level Contributor
615 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Camera Battery hiking inca trail

Cold weather can make camera batteries run out sooner. So, on the inca trail, try to keep your camera in a fairly warm place at night. We didn't go so far as to actually put the camera in our sleeping bag with us, but we made sure it was toward the middle of the tent, and not exposed.

8. Re: Camera Battery hiking inca trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2011, 05:16