We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Cusco

Denmark
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Christmas in Cusco

I'm in Cusco this year on 24 and 25 December. Does anybody know if there's a service in English on 24 December? I'm Scandinavian but do not really expect a service in one of those languages... German would also be fine.

Thank's

Anders

Menen, Belgium
Level Contributor
256 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Cusco

I was in Cusco last year at X-mas and haven't hear of any service in other languages than Spanish.

Chiclayo, Peru
Level Contributor
805 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Cusco

Occasional services in Quechua; other than that it's all Spanish.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
228 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Cusco

Not heard of any services in English, there aren't even churches representing x-pats, or other cultures.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,502 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Cusco

No service in English, but a great Xmas mass at the Cathedral, in spanish.

Also, check the Santuranticuy or "Saints sale" at the Cusco streets from the 24th December.

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
749 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Cusco

Thanks for asking the Question! We will be there too and I was wondering. Oh well, we will just go to a Spanish one.

Another related question. Are the services traditionally long? We will have kids with us and worry about how long they will last. (Not that they didn't sit through a 3 hour Vietnamese Christmas service one time.....)

6. Re: Christmas in Cusco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2011, 07:24