We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Struggling to pick from SAS, Peru Treks and Llama Path

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Struggling to pick from SAS, Peru Treks and Llama Path

Hi all

As it says how do I choose between the 3 tours companies for the 4 days 3 nights inca trail classic tour to machu pichu? Read reviews of all but really can't choose. Any uptodate opinions on who is best would be fantastic. Want to go end July / start August so need to book ASAP!

Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Struggling to pick from SAS, Peru Treks and Llama Path

U won't go wrong picking any of them...

Having done a trip with SAS, am obviously skewed towards them...

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Struggling to pick from SAS, Peru Treks and Llama Path

You will get lots of answers I am sure from people who have been with one of the companies but you are very unlikely to get an answer from someone who has been with all three ( or even two). Thus as much as someone may rave about a company saying it was fantastic,they are probably basing it on their one experience on the inca trail.Most people that come have a fantastic time to be honest as it is a great country, special trek and most of the people that guide, porter, cook on it are really keen on making sure visitors have a good time.

I have trekked with one of them quite a lot but like I say not having trekked with the other two I cannot realistically compare. But from what I have heard ... if the dates are all the same and the price is close enough, then just flick a coin, you will have a good time whichever

Ottawa
Level Contributor
111 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Struggling to pick from SAS, Peru Treks and Llama Path

I cannot help you on this. But from my readings and research, my wife and I elected to book with perutrecks. The reviews are unanimous.

However, we sent all our info by email last Saturday, and every days since, but the email bounces back. There might be something wrong with their server. As our only open departure day is filling up fast, we might have to go with another one.

Anyone can help us contact them other than the info@perutrecks.com email?

Or can someone local call them and have them contact me at pduchaine@gmail.com.

Thanks you

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Struggling to pick from SAS, Peru Treks and Llama Path

To get in contact with Perutrek, try andean travel web, if there is a contact on that because it is owned by the same person as Perutrek

5. Re: Struggling to pick from SAS, Peru Treks and Llama Path

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2012, 17:59
Ottawa
Level Contributor
111 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Struggling to pick from SAS, Peru Treks and Llama Path

Thank you trecktheandes, I sent them an email.

Hopefully that works.

7. Re: Struggling to pick from SAS, Peru Treks and Llama Path

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2012, 17:59
Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,182 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Struggling to pick from SAS, Peru Treks and Llama Path

We used Llama Path & thought they were great.

But like trektheandes says, most of us only have the experience with the one company we used, not with 3 of them. I also considered Peru Treks based on great reviews -- but they didn't have a trek leaving on the exact date I wanted. Llama Path had treks leaving every day, so I went with them.

BTW, it's not unusual to have slow response to emails from these agencies, even having them get "lost". I heard earlier that sometimes emails from gmail or yahoo accounts got blocked, somehow. You might also try emailing them from a different email account, if one is available to you -- if you still don't get any response.

Toronto
Level Contributor
715 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Struggling to pick from SAS, Peru Treks and Llama Path

We're a thumbs up for Peru Treks as well. In our case, our review is an odd one as I became extremely ill (acute bronchitis to the point the medic at the first stop told our guides I could not continue without risking my life) on the hike and had to go back. We (hiking with husband and kidlet) were taken such good care of -- walked back to the beginning point of the hike, taken to Ollantaytambo, helped find a place to stay for a night, helped buy train tickets to AC, helped find a place there and then meet back up with the group at Machu Picchu. Peru Treks (and their guides) helped save our trip to Machu Picchu in what otherwise could have been an absolutely miserable situation.

10. Re: Struggling to pick from SAS, Peru Treks and Llama Path

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 February 2012, 20:35