We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Sunday - Cusco or Ollantaytambo

Los Altos Hills, CA
Level Contributor
822 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Palm Sunday - Cusco or Ollantaytambo

Hi - our current itinerary has us spending 2 days in Ollan, 1 day at Machu Picchu/AC, and than 5 days in Cusco (Palm Sunday to Holy Thursday). We are considering switching the first day in Cusco and staying one more night in Ollan after we return from Machu Picchu. Now that the Urubamba bridge is open again, I thought we could use our "travel day" and tour Maras/Moray area on our way from Ollan to Cusco.

My question is what is Palm Sunday like in Cusco or Ollantaytambo? Is either very interesting? I love photographing festivals. Since we have a total of 8 days in the area, we can always pick another (possibly less interesting) day to visit Maras/Moray.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,592 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Sunday - Cusco or Ollantaytambo

What yo cannot miss is the Lord of the Tremors in Cusco on the Monday.

Los Altos Hills, CA
Level Contributor
822 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Sunday - Cusco or Ollantaytambo

Yes, for sure Monday will be a highlight! What about Palm Sunday?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
225 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Sunday - Cusco or Ollantaytambo

What time does this happen and what is the celebration like?

4. Re: Palm Sunday - Cusco or Ollantaytambo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 07:18