We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in cusco-sv region

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
5 days in cusco-sv region

I need some help planning out some time for my 19 day trip to peru.

The first part of my trip is fine with:

a day in Lima, a day at Arequipa, a day at the colca canyon, a rest day at Colca Canyon Lodge, a bus ride to Puno and then a day at Lake Titicaca. -

Our last 5 days are in the Amazon.

The middle days around Cusco and SV are giving me some headaches in planning.

I need help with these days. I think i am spending too much time in the cusco region. i am working with a tour company and need some suggestions to pose to them.

Day 1 is a 1/2day tour of cusco City

Day 2 is tour of SV (visit to Pisac, visit to Ollantaytambo, staying at Aguas Calientes)

Day 3 is trip to MP (travel back to Cusco) (2 hour tour in morning, and then time to explore on our own

Day 4 is free day at cusco

Day 5 trip to Maras moray

Day 6 horseback riding and planetarium

Do you have suggestions? Should we stay 2 days at Aguas Calientes? A day or night in any town and then continue on?

Planning this is giving me a bit of nightmares?

Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days in cusco-sv region

Nothing nightmarish. Your plan is straightforward. Make sure you go to Pisac on market day.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days in cusco-sv region

thanks, but i still feel it is a bit cusco centric.because the maras/moray is only a short tour which give us a big chunk of time i cusco, and the horseback riding is also a short trip leaving us more time to Cusco. Now, i am sure cusco is a beautiful city, but i feel like i am missing something in the sv.

Oy! :-D

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,253 posts
483 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days in cusco-sv region

Should lodge in the SV instead of Cusco city and drive back to the SV to visit Maras and Moray and horseback riding.

4. Re: 5 days in cusco-sv region

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 06:23