We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgen del Rosario celebration

Piacenza, Italy
Level Contributor
694 posts
203 reviews
Save Topic
Virgen del Rosario celebration

I read that on the 4th of October there is the celebration of Virgen del Rosario in Cusco. How is it? Is there a parade? Any info about it would be welcome! I will be there on that day, but I have planned to go to Chinchero, Maras, Moray. Now I'm wondering if it's Worth staying in Cusco for it. Is it in the morning, afternoon, all day?

Mentioned in this post
Chinchero
Chinchero
Cusco Region, Peru
Maras
Maras
Cusco Region, Peru
Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,660 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgen del Rosario celebration

Yes, its quite a celebration in Cusco city. The procesion departs from the Santo Domingo church and returns to same at around 1pm.

Dancers follow the whole procession. You will enjoy it a lot.

Piacenza, Italy
Level Contributor
694 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgen del Rosario celebration

Thank you! :)

3. Re: Virgen del Rosario celebration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2013, 09:09
4. Re: Virgen del Rosario celebration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 06:22