We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
houstonls
Level Contributor
128 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Pisac, Maras, and Moray

Is it possible to visit these areas in one day from Cusco? I am only in Cusco for 2 days. Is there enough in Cusco to spend an entire day exploring?

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Pisac, Maras, and Moray

Yes to both questions.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,487 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Pisac, Maras, and Moray

Depends how quickly you move. You could spend most of the day in Pisac if you wanted to but you could also do a quickie tour of Pisac and leave time for the other two.

There's plenty to do in Cusco.

houstonls
Level Contributor
128 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Pisac, Maras, and Moray

I also have 1 1/2 days in Ollantaytambo. Would it be best to visit Maras and Moray from there? For Pisac I was planning on doing what a lot of reviews I read suggested, taking a taxi to the top and walking down through the ruins. Is the market worth it?

Los Altos Hills, CA
Level Contributor
822 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Pisac, Maras, and Moray

I think the Sunday local market is a must see if you have any interest in photography at all. It's a very colorful local farmer's market. The craft market that is on every day is not that great. Same stuff as you'll find in Cusco and more expensive.

Quilmes, Argentina
Level Contributor
31 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Pisac, Maras, and Moray

The Sunday market at Pisac is a must see (if you happen to be in the area on a Sunday). The Pisac ruins and the views from the mountain are beautiful too. You can definitely do the salt flats (salineras) of Maras, Moray ruins, and the town of Chinchero coming back from Ollantaytambo. This January three of us paid 150 soles to a private driver, leaving from Ollanta at 11.30 (having just got off the train from Machu Pichu) and going to Cuzco. He took us to all the locations mentioned, and we left our luggage in the car while we visited the different places. Then he took us directly to our hostel in Cuzco, arriving at 17.30. Lovely and relaxed! San Pedro, an indoor market in Cuzco, is also amazing. Enjoy your trip!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
141 posts
967 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Pisac, Maras, and Moray

What time do they open Parque Arquelogico Pisac and other popular tourist sites such as Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, Tipon ruins?

7. Re: Visiting Pisac, Maras, and Moray

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:15