We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuzco to Puno to Lake Titicaca and on to La Paz (2 days)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
166 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Cuzco to Puno to Lake Titicaca and on to La Paz (2 days)

Hi All on TA.

I am planning to travel from Cuzco to Puno by bus then on to Copacabana and on to La Paz in 2 days. Perhaps a tourist bus but would like some suggestions there. I am hoping to stay overnight in Puno or on the Lake but I am not sure how to go about that. Should I look for somewhere before I leave (next week) or can I find something on arrival in Puno. A home stay would be good if someone knows and suggestions.

From Lake Titicaca I would like to end up at Copacabana and make our way to La Paz.

Is this do able?

Can anyone tell me how to do this without a tour, preferably on our own?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cuzco to Puno to Lake Titicaca and on to La Paz (2 days)

In Puno there is a dock where you can join a group to the floating islands and homestay, no need to reserve. Then there are buses in Puno that go to La Paz, even if its more than 10 hours I think.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cuzco to Puno to Lake Titicaca and on to La Paz (2 days)

You can connect all of these destinations by bus. Cusco - Puno - Copacabana - La Paz. With some bus companies you can buy all of your tickets from Cusco, or you can buy at each bus station on arrival. Talk to other travellers about which bus companies they thought were good. Don't always go for the cheapest.

In Puno go to Suri Explorers near Plaza de Armas, they are operators of boats and will charge you a good rate for a full day on Uros and Taquile Islands.

3. Re: Cuzco to Puno to Lake Titicaca and on to La Paz (2 days)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 06:15