We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Worongary...
Level Contributor
45 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
flights

hello everyone

We arrive in Lima at 9.20am from Santiago. Would i be cutting it to fine if i booked a flight from Lima to Cusco on the same day at 2pm.? . Our return flight 6 days later, might be 9.55am for and arrival time of 11.15am , we fly to Buenos Aires at 10.09pm..

thanks in advance, thought appriciated

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights

There are plenty of flights per day from Lima to Cusco (about 1 every half hour). I would leave 3 hours to make a connection from an international flights to a domestic flight. I imagine your Santiago - Lima flight is with LAN so why not book the same airline to Cusco, then if there is a delay or problem, they pay not you!

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights

You shoud be able to book a flight to Cusco that same day any time after 11:30AM. The following airlines operate that route.

www.lan.com DO NOT BOOK BASE OR BASE PLUS FARES

www.avianca.com DO NOT BOOK PROMO OR ECONO FARES

www.starperu.com

www.peruvianairlines.pe

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: flights

thank you both :)

Boston...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: flights

i know this has been asked before but i need to know whether i can (should) purchase flights from Lima to Cusco (RT) while i am here in the states. Is there a fee to doing so as we are all US citizens. I understand flights in the AM are a better option. Thanks in advance.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,146 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flights

You won't get any breaks purchasing them in Peru, in fact, cheaper fares might sell out & leave only more expensive seats. The difference in price you might have heard about is that lower fares are for PERUVIAN RESIDENTS only. Doesn't matter where they were purchased - you must show proof of Peruvian resident status or pay a hefty surcharge - if you are allowed on the flight at all! That is why JodoKast is saying very strongly not to purchase certain fares - these are Peruvian resident only/

6. Re: flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 07:16