We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argentina, Iguazzu Falls, Rio De Janerio

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Argentina, Iguazzu Falls, Rio De Janerio

Hi there,

Has anyone used a local agency in South America to travel to Argentina, The Iguazzu Falls and to see Christ the redeemer in Rio. Please recommend on a good agency as booking in Australia is quite expensive.

Thanks in advance.

Sharon

London
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Argentina, Iguazzu Falls, Rio De Janerio

You may wish to repost this on the Argentina and/ or Brasil forum rather than. Cusco which is in Peru. It is relatively easy to book flights and hotels independently which will probably, although not always, cheaper than using even a local agency.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Argentina, Iguazzu Falls, Rio De Janerio

Hi Sharon, I am looking at going to South America next year,I have a friend that has just came back last week ,she did her tours with Intrepid and found that several companies are joining together and itinerary was a little bit of a mess with other people , but she liked the trips . I am looking for a travel company that knows what they are selling me .as too many travel agents get people in trouble, especially travelling to South America. My friend flew through NZ then to Santiago, she got off there for 2 nights she said to leave the airport cost her $170.00 which she was not told ,I am not sure if that was the cost of her transfer to her hotel, but that was just the beginning of extras and missing flights.My daughter has been 3 times and stays with students from her English speaking school , she has been robbed, not let on flights been in many situations, she is in her late 30's, may be she has just been unlucky. I am gathering info from anyone so like you I am looking for help also.What company to travel with and where to go in SA.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
352 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Argentina, Iguazzu Falls, Rio De Janerio

It is necessary to pay a reciprocity fee for Argentina--$160. You are supposed to pay before you go:

http://www.provinciapagos.com.ar/dnm/

Malaysia
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Argentina, Iguazzu Falls, Rio De Janerio

Fly into Iguacu Falls (either Argentina side or Brazil side) depending on where you first landing city is.

I got a tour guide with transfer from airport to hotel and tours for both side of the falls. I booked my own flight and hostel. But I'm sure the guide will be able to help if needed.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Argentina, Iguazzu Falls, Rio De Janerio

Hi Lyn,

How is your planning to South America going? I am still doing lots of research, maybe consider booking by next month. Which month next year will you be going?

Please advise.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,627 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Argentina, Iguazzu Falls, Rio De Janerio

Hey guys, this post ismabout Argentina, Chile and Brasil !

Why is it even being answered on the Peru forum ?

If your daughter was robbed, overcharged and missed flights in Chile why posted on a Peru forum !

Please post your questions and answers on the corresponding countries and do not confuse travelers coming to Peru.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Argentina, Iguazzu Falls, Rio De Janerio

not sure if we will make it next year I would have liked to have gone in March or April we now are going to take our time doing just Peru (2 weeks) and not all the other countries , we want to add another trip also to north America so think it better to enjoy one country especially Peru .

thanks lyn

8. Re: Argentina, Iguazzu Falls, Rio De Janerio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2015, 07:15