We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet Friendly Housing

White Bear Lake...
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Pet Friendly Housing

My wife and I are planning to spend January, February and March of 2015 in Cusco along with our small ( 8 pounds) dog. We are having a difficult time finding furnished, "turn Key" facilities that are "Pet Friendly." Can anyone provide any insights on where this type of housing can be identified?

Edited: 31 July 2014, 18:25
Midland, Georgia
Level Contributor
12 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet Friendly Housing

Not typical to have pets at hotels in Peru. Most dogs (and there are a lot of them) wander the streets during the day. If I had a dog.....I would not take him to Peru. If you take him for even a short walk you will have an amazing amount of other dogs to deal with. I have never seen so many dogs wandering around. BUT ...not that much dog mess.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,389 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet Friendly Housing

Dogs in Peru sleep in outdoor doghouses that are not the fancy US ones. Since you are staying for so long in Cusco, I guess you'd be better renting an apartment, but it will be hard to find someone who will allow you to keep the dog inside.

Check urbania (a popular site for ads): …clasificados.pe/alquiler/…cusco

Peru This Week also runs ads on their website: www.peruthisweek.com/classifieds/housing

P.S. I agree with #1, I'd not take that dog to Peru. Cheers.

Edited: 03 August 2014, 19:31
Michigan
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,389 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pet Friendly Housing

^ I should've specified that "lots of dogs"... "in Lima" since I'm not 100% sure of how dog owners in Cusco do things and Cusco nights can get very cold. Good luck.

4. Re: Pet Friendly Housing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 05:16