We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Iquitos

SoCAL
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel in Iquitos

I have a question. I am staying in the Explorama lodges in a nice place. I wanted to see what you would recommend. We do like having running water with the ability of making it hot. I heard air conditioning is a must, but I will be going there this week, which is winter, would we really need it? Please let me know if you could recommend a nice place just for a night. The hotel el dorado plaza looks a bit pricy. Does anyone have any recoommendations. Thanks in advance.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,530 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Iquitos

Look into this web for hotel recommendations :

andeantravelweb.com/peru/…index.html

Its always summer in the Amazon jungle, and it will be hot.

California
Level Contributor
64 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Iquitos

The Victoria Regina is cheaper, almost as nice. It's an easy walk to the main square.

Alicante
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Iquitos

Hi - just returned from a week at the Explorama Lodges. The Explorama Lodge itself now had enquite rooms with showers and loos - it has just been upgraded. The ExplorNapo has outside showers and loos - the showers are OK but not sure about the outside loos but the Ceiba Tops is luxurious with aire conditioning. We actually found it much hotter around Ceiba Tops than at the other two lodges. It was obviously humid as we were on our treks but I am 55 and my hubby is 63 and neither of us had problems. The Hotel Dorado Plaza is very nice but I wouldn't stay there again - we had an evening meal paid for and we didn't get it and they said it had't been paid for with our trip which it had. We spoke to a couple who were staying at a hotel called the Viking and though basic (3 star) and quite near to the Dorado Plaza they said it was clean and a lot cheaper then the Dorado Plaza so I would ask around. I am sure you will have a wonderful holiday - anything else you want to know please e-mail me.

4. Re: Hotel in Iquitos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Iquitos
Recent Conversations