We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

summer '09 machu pichu ...help

CT
Level Contributor
80 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
summer '09 machu pichu ...help

I am starting to plan a trip to Machu Pichu for next summer. anyone use OAT for this trip or any other? suggestions for other tour operators?

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: summer '09 machu pichu ...help

Lots of tour operators recommended on this forum. Do a search, or just go back in "history."

Or, just plan & book your own trip, like I did last year, based on the wealth of information I got from this forum. It's really easy in the age of internet & e-mail.

Saskatoon
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: summer '09 machu pichu ...help

We waited until we landed in Lima. There was a travel agency right in the airport and they booked it all for us. It could probably be done cheaper if you want to book it all yourself but it would also be more hassle.

3. Re: summer '09 machu pichu ...help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2009, 12:28
Northampton...
Level Contributor
177 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: summer '09 machu pichu ...help

We did everything through Condor Travel (Lima) They were great

Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: summer '09 machu pichu ...help

I just got back from peru 4 days ago. Are you planning on hiking the Inka Trail to Macchu Picchu? We used Llama Path, they were by far the most professional of all the trekking tours that we saw in our 4 days on the trail. They are a bit more expensive but well worth it. Our guides were great and made the trek exciting and fun. they catered to our group and we saw and did things that other groups with other tour companies did not. If they were this good on the trail I'm sure their other tours are just as good.

Bangor, Northern...
Level Contributor
573 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: summer '09 machu pichu ...help

Just back yesterday - agree with previous poster , Llama path were brilliant, and seemed to treat their porters well - food was great too !

Just to warn you, permits for the Inca trail book up really quickly - it is restricted to about 180 tourists a day - so get booking for next year !!

It was brilliant , can't believe it is over !!

7. Re: summer '09 machu pichu ...help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Iquitos
Recent Conversations