We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need for Yellow Fever Immunization

Florida
6 posts
Save Topic
Need for Yellow Fever Immunization

My wife and I will be on an OAT 5 night trip to the Amazon Rainforest in mid-November. The lodge we will stay at each night is about 25 miles out of Iquitos and will have day trips on the river to various points of interest. Like many, we are getting conflicting information on the need for yellow fever immunications. OAT's representative say no and reading the CDC site is a little confusing. Help!!! Thanks, Ted

Florida
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need for Yellow Fever Immunization

Nedd to clarify my posting, Iquitios is in Peru.

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need for Yellow Fever Immunization

I would check with a Travel Clinic in your area. On the CDC website there should be a link to finding one in your area or call your physician and ask where there is a travel clinci.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,527 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need for Yellow Fever Immunization

The Peruvian government requires for you to have a Yellow Fever Vaccine to enable you to enter the Amazon Jungle area. Its compulsory.

Quote from the Peruvian Bureau of Tourism :

"A yellow fever vaccination is required for traveling to jungle cities, and it must be administered at least 10 days before your trip. If not, it will not be effective."

4. Re: Need for Yellow Fever Immunization

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 00:20
Get answers to your questions about Iquitos
Recent Conversations