We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know Bora tribe in Peru?

Roma
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Topic
Does anyone know Bora tribe in Peru?

Hi, I'd like to know a preserved village of Bora tribe in Loreto. Is there a preserved tribe where don't go tourists?

Thankjs for some info.

1. Re: Does anyone know Bora tribe in Peru?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2012, 22:20
iquitos
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone know Bora tribe in Peru?

no, there isn't one. The Bora's live on the Rio Momon just outside of Iquitos and thrive from the tourists visiting them. They have their Ceremonial longhouse (maloca) and the tourists go there to watch them perform their traditional dances. When that show is over, they sell their arts and crafts to you. There are no Bora's that are "untouched" and there are no other tribes here that are untouched as well.

Roma
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone know Bora tribe in Peru?

Hi Amazon Explorer,

can you tell me how are dressed the Bora living along the river Ampiyacu?

Do they wear western suit at their village? Women too? Precisely what women wear?

Thanks

>The Bora people living along the river Ampiyacu (Pevas) are not so visited for >tourist but they are been assimilated by the Peruvian culture. This is the >same with the Yagua people.

iquitos
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone know Bora tribe in Peru?

normally they wear the same clothing as the locals, t shirts and jeans/shorts and tennis shoes... however, when a group of tourist come, they change into their traditional clothing which is made from a pounded tree bark... the women wear skirts made of tree bark as well and are topless. The bark is pounded until it is soft and then it is painted in various designs.

Roma
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anyone know Bora tribe in Peru?

May be I don't write fine my bad english but I don't ask to reach an "untouched" tribe. Wen I went to Matses and I saw some women wearing original also without tourists. I look for a similar tribe. I hope you understand me.

Are you sure all Bora living along the river Ampiyacu wear like peruan people that is with t-shirt, jeans and women with bra?

thanks

>There are no Bora's that are "untouched" and there are no other tribes here >that are untouched as well.

iquitos
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Does anyone know Bora tribe in Peru?

yes, they have been assimilated into the Peruvian community there, dress exactly like everyone else and have jobs in town... only on the Rio Momon can you find them doing their traditional dances in the ceremonial longhouse/maloca. they live in the village behind the maloca and live there just as all mestizos do, t shirt and shorts...

7. Re: Does anyone know Bora tribe in Peru?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 February 2012, 05:05
iquitos
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Does anyone know Bora tribe in Peru?

no... on the Ampiyacu they dress like all Peruvians living in the jungle.... it's on the Rio Momon near Iquitos that they are topless when the tourists come to see them dance and buy their arts and crafts. I've been living here 20 years, I'm a guide. Originally from the States.

9. Re: Does anyone know Bora tribe in Peru?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 February 2012, 05:05
iquitos
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Does anyone know Bora tribe in Peru?

Yes, most of the Shuar wear normal clothing, however there are still villages where you can find them living traditionally, no bras...

Get answers to your questions about Iquitos
Recent Conversations