We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour company or do your own to Macchu Picchu?

West Tisbury...
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Tour company or do your own to Macchu Picchu?

What are the pros and cons of going with a tour company to Macchu Picchu versus trying to organize your own tour?

Two of us are planning a trip in August, 2012. We're in our early 60's and don't want to rough it too much.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,520 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour company or do your own to Macchu Picchu?

You can arrive to MP by booking flight,train and bus on your own. You can also buy the entry ticket to MP on the internet. But, I strongly recoemmend you hire a guide to walk you and explain the site.

Lots of info is available on this forum

Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour company or do your own to Macchu Picchu?

i recommend to your book Cuzco Before you arrive to Cusco so then you dont need worry about spaces about big line and waiting for a Ticket Train or entrance fees but the rest of Peru i recommend you can book it wqhen you arrive to Peru the most important in Peru is Cuzco most of the Year is bussy City :)

3. Re: Tour company or do your own to Macchu Picchu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2013, 10:33
Get answers to your questions about Iquitos
Recent Conversations