We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake chapala, Mexico
9 posts
Save Topic

Anyone ever purchase a blowgun? Where and how much? If so did you check it in on the plane? Appreciate any info.

Vicki A.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,643 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blowguns?

The real blow guns are to long to be allowed in the plane cabin, you will have to check them as luggage.

Have no idea of prices, but I would not pay over lets say $50

Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blowguns?

My husband purchased one when we were in the Amazon Jungle in Brazil last year. We then went on a cruise ship for 2 weeks after 3 nights at a jungle lodge. They took the blow gun away from my husband upon embarkation for the duration of the cruise and gave it back to him the night before we disembarked. My husband joked that they were worried we would hijack the ship. We just packed it in our checked luggage and had no problems flying home to the states. We actually bought a few of them for gifts. Not the real huge ones but about 20 inches long. They work well and are great conversation pieces. Best of luck in your travels.

3. Re: Blowguns?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 10:17