We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any info on Requena Area, or somewhere off the beaten track

Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Any info on Requena Area, or somewhere off the beaten track

Anyone know anything about Requena? Worth a visit? Been going to Iquitos every year for past 12 years, looking for somewhere cool we havnet been. Will be me, our two children, 8, and 10 (very good travelers and been spending every summer in Iquitos since they were born), my wife and her parents who are from Iquitos and my sister in law. We like to fish, hike, meet and get to know the people of the places we visit. Thanks

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,592 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any info on Requena Area, or somewhere off the beaten track

Basically Requena is known as the town where the Amazon river finally forms by the merger of the Maranon and the Ucayali river.

Nothing much happens in that town, even though I visit it over 30 years ago.

Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any info on Requena Area, or somewhere off the beaten track

thanks, just curious, I passed by on the launch in 2000

3. Re: Any info on Requena Area, or somewhere off the beaten track

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Iquitos
Recent Conversations