We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Learning Spanish in Iquitos

Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Learning Spanish in Iquitos

Hi, I'm going to be in Peru for a few weeks from mid-December into January. After a couple of days in Lima, I'm heading to Iquitos and the Amazon before going to Arequipa, Cuzco, Sacred Valley and Lake Titicaca (then into Bolivia).

My question is: Does anyone know of any Spanish language schools in Iquitos for short term learning? Web searches are only showing Caminante School and I'd like a few more options, as well as opinions.

My itinerary is fluid but I do want to learn Spanish for about a week shortly after I arrive (I've got some Spanish already). I'm looking for a language school that will have morning classes so the afternoons are free for exploring and activities, and preferably a homestay option. I expect to go to another Spanish school in Cuzco or Sacred Valley.

I also welcome suggestions of things not to miss and recommendations of good operators around Iquitos. I'm thinking of a maybe 3 -4 days on a river cruise and/or river lodge and/or camping-exploring trip. I'm a woman, 40s, travelling alone, and quite well travelled (most recently: 7 weeks Guatemala - volunteering and travelling; 10 days Cuba)

Thanks for your help!

Amazon Explorer
Eco Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours
Amazon Expeditioners
Multi-day Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Eco Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Jungle Explorer Orlando's Expeditions
Hiking & Camping Tours, Boat Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Jungle Reps
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Swim with Dolphins, Boat Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Bogota, Colombia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Learning Spanish in Iquitos

Hola Becca,

Did you end up studying in Iquitos - at Caminante or any other school? How was your experience there?

2. Re: Learning Spanish in Iquitos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 05:17