We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What happened to the Delfin II Amazon cruise listing?

Which Iquitos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
maine
Level Contributor
7 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
What happened to the Delfin II Amazon cruise listing?

Only last month, there were 29 reviews, making it #2 on the Iquitos "things to do." I've just returned from a 7-day cruise aboard Delfin II in the Pacaya Samiria reserve, and the experience was spectacular. I know that a number of my fellow cruise passnegers and I have tried to write reviews of our trip over the last few days, but Tripadvisor has simply made the listing disappear.

It's strange.

maine
Level Contributor
7 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What happened to the Delfin II Amazon cruise listing?

p.s., in case anyone wonders about the legitimacy of the Delfin II cruise, it is sponsored by Lindblad Expeditions and National Geographic. nationalgeographicexpeditions.com/expedition…

Which makes it all the more puzzling why it's not included as an activity for review.

Osprey
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: What happened to the Delfin II Amazon cruise listing?

I am considering traveling on the Delfin II in Sept. during the low water season. I have read the difference

between the two seasons. After going during the high water season, do you have a preference?

Where you able to go on hikes and did they offer times to fish and kayak? Did you see lots of birds

and mammals?

Thank you.

Laura Peters

Minneapolis...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: What happened to the Delfin II Amazon cruise listing?

I just returned from a trip on another boat (the Queen Violetta) and was told that the Delphin II had had a major fire and was no longer in service.

maine
Level Contributor
7 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What happened to the Delfin II Amazon cruise listing?

Thanks for the update. I just checked on their Facebook page and here's what it says:

"Regretfully, we must inform you that today, August 19th 2013, as the initial upgrading works were conducted on dry dock, for fortuitous reasons, a fire originated inadvertently on the engine room and spread to the dining and kitchen area.

Luckily, there were no injuries, and since the vessel was set on the dry dock, following our pre-established contingency plan, our staff, with the assistance of Port Authorities and the Fire Department, which acted immediately and effectively, were able to set the vessel on a safe location on the river, and controlled the situation quite quickly. Again, limiting the extent of the damaged to the dining and kitchen areas.

The rest of the vessel, including the cabins, their content, bar, observation deck, bridge, navigation equipment, aluminum skiffs in which we conduct the excursions, have not been affected at all and are all intact and operational.

Based on our strong operational capabilities, being a vertically integrated company, our Maintenance staff will begin the repair works as of tomorrow.

In this sense we are also prepared to inform you that we will have our Delfin II operational again in the following weeks."

HOpe you enjoyed your visit!

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
213 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What happened to the Delfin II Amazon cruise listing?

Hi Everyone,

The Delfin II is operational again. We have had passengers aboard the ship for their departure on September 24th. They are a resilient company, and despite this setback with the fire were able to make repairs quickly. Hope this helps.

Rainforest Cruises

Madrid, Spain
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: What happened to the Delfin II Amazon cruise listing?

He estdo viajando en Delfin II el pasado mes de abril y deseo escribir aquí mi esperiencia que fue absolutamente negativa. Aunque el barco es hermoso es lo único positivo del viaje. Viajamos en temporada de lluvias y varias excursiones fueron suspendidas sin ofrecer ninguna alternativa. La visita al poblado en la que se ofrece interacción con los habitantes no es cierta, tan sólo estuvimos 10 min en el mercadillo. La oferta 'Cuatro días-tres noches' tampoco es cierta, puesto que el primer días subes a bordo de noche y abandonas el barco tras el almuerzo del último día por lo que , realmente estás allí dos días y medio. Pero lo peor es el servicio, un personal hostil que no da los' buenos días', si deseas un vaso de agua tienes que pedirlo varias veces o incluso servírtelo tú, al igual que si necesitas que te planchen algo, debes hacerlo tú; una noche no hicieron mi cama aunque curiosamente fue el único día que, sobre la cama deshecha , depositaron bombones, etc. Las excursiones, breves y con mala información. En definitiva, personal poco o nada cualificado para su elevadísimo precio, bastante más caro que cualquier hotel de cinco estrellas del mundo. Desaconsejable desde cualqueir punto de vista

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What happened to the Delfin II Amazon cruise listing?

Delfin rents out their boats to a number of companies. Lindblad is one of many. Lindblad does not own Delfin II.

Paris
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What happened to the Delfin II Amazon cruise listing?

Helo,

Do you know Delfin Amazon Cruises? Are they the owners or just a travel agency? Where would you recommand to book the cruise?

Thanks

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
213 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What happened to the Delfin II Amazon cruise listing?

Hello Inaha,

You can book with any agency as everyone has the same published price. But yes, Delfin is the owner of both the Delfin I and Delfin II ships.

Rainforest Cruises

Paris
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What happened to the Delfin II Amazon cruise listing?

Thank you for your answer. Did anyone see the bunkbed cabin of the Delfin II? If yes, can you recommand it for one person?

Get answers to your questions about Iquitos