We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about the Manatee rescue centers.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
44 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Question about the Manatee rescue centers.

There are 2 Manatee rescue centers that are noted here on TripAdvisor.

One of the centers, ACOBIA-DWAzoo, is located at marker 4.5. It appears to be located between the airport and Quistococha. This one, I can find on Google maps. The website for that center does not say what the hours are, but they apparently are open until 3 or 4pm (maybe with an hour off for lunch at Noon). I can see how to get to this site.

The other center, Amazon Animal Rescue Center CRA, is more of a mystery to me. There is no website and I cannot find information on where it might be located. This is a different place, isn't it? If so, where is it located? Is there any way to get information on this, other than send an email?

Is one center better to visit than the other, if there are 2? Feeding a baby manatee may be worth the effort of getting there.

Thanks for any thoughts.

1. Re: Question about the Manatee rescue centers.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 14:11
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
150 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about the Manatee rescue centers.

I recently went to this center. It's very small and you don't need a lot of time to visit, but it was one of my favorite places to visit in Iquitos.

You can feed the manatees food and "pet" them. They're all young, rescued manatees that will be released into the wild after a gradual introduction process.

The cost is 3 soles, but you can donate more of you want. There is also a small area with turtles and a mom sloth with two babies.

To get there you can take public transit if you speak Spanish, if not any taxi or moto taxi should know where the Manatee center is, as there is only one. It is slightly outside of town.

Lima
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about the Manatee rescue centers.

Hi I´m going to Iquitos next week, should I contact before go? or go straight, by myself by motocar or there is any other way to get there? Open during the week 9 to 3pm right?

Thanks,

Jaime

4. Re: Question about the Manatee rescue centers.

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 14:11
5. Re: Question about the Manatee rescue centers.

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Iquitos
Recent Conversations