We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lima-iquitos/Amazon - Lima in 3 nights 4 days

Which Iquitos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
51 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Lima-iquitos/Amazon - Lima in 3 nights 4 days

My scheduled arrival at Lima International airport is at 18.00 on Saturday the 28th September. I need to be back at Lima by 2nd October night. I need advise on how best to utilise this time ( 29th, 30th Sept, 1st & 2nd Oct) to get a taste of the Amazon?

Though I arrive at 6pm in the evening, I have to clear immigration & collect my luggage. Is there any chance for me to catch a late flight into Iquitos on 28th evening itself so that I could be off to the amazon on 29th morning?

If not possible to catch a late flight to Iquitos on 28th evening, is it possible to catch an early flight to Iquitos on 29th & still get a full day at the Amazon?

Can I take the late flight to Lima on 2nd october but still get a full days time for siteseeing?

For this short window what kind of tour company / lodging / itenirary is reccommended? I will be travelling alone & am happy to join any group / tour & am willing to take on a hectic schedule to maximise the avialable time.

Basically I am trying to figure out how to get the maximum time at the amazon within the time constraint that I have.

Thanks in advance to those who respond to this plea ....

Lima
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lima-iquitos/Amazon - Lima in 3 nights 4 days

I believe the latest flight departs at 7 pm so time between your international flight arrival and departure for Iquitos, so it may be not a bad idea to check-in at the airport's Ramada on the 28th and catch a 6 am flight on the 29th so you can be picked up around 8 am from Iquitos airport and transferred to the river wharf for a 3 day/2 night jungle lodge stay. Usually boats arrive around 5 pm in the afternoom and on October 1st you could fly out of Iquitos around 7pm and be back in Lima before 9 pm. Transfer to a Miraflores, San isidro or old downtown Lima hotel. On October 2nd you can sightsee from 9 am until noon and still have time for shopping or explorting on your own until it is time to go to the Lima airport to check-in for your international flight.

You could try these companies which provide good tours and reaonable prices:

www.viajesclub.com

www.coltur.com

www.peruinteract.com

www.peruchasquitur.com

www.uniontours.com

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
51 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lima-iquitos/Amazon - Lima in 3 nights 4 days

Brendax, Thanks a ton for your response.

Really appreciated.

Let me start my planning based on this.

Cheers

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,116 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lima-iquitos/Amazon - Lima in 3 nights 4 days

Last Ñan flight is indeed at 7 pm and earliest is at 0530 am.

You can also check flights with Star Peru and Peruvian Airlines but they do not have flights after 530 pm

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
51 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lima-iquitos/Amazon - Lima in 3 nights 4 days

Xochiti, Thanks for your information.

Yes 7 pm looks tight so I guess early morning 29th is safer.

Now to figure out how to buy the flight tickets & choose the rour company ...

Cheers

5. Re: Lima-iquitos/Amazon - Lima in 3 nights 4 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 06:22